• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Limping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuineaPigFan15

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning and discovered Coconut limping. It's her front right foot, you can even tell when she's standing she's not putting her full weight on it. Usually the toes are splayed out, but...
image.jpg
See it? I tried to see what happened, but it's not swollen or cut or anything. Any ideas on how to help her get better or what could've caused it? I was petting her foot and she didn't seem to be in any discomfort...don't know what to do! Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you to any help in advance!

It may be a sprain, she could have landed funny when popcorning. Best to get it checked by a vet though as she will need a course of anti-inflammatories.

Poor little lady! I agree with Helen, best to get it checked :)

Coconut is sooo cute , as hellen said antiamlatories and vet .
best wishes at the vet,
would love to hear how she gets on

Thank you everyone! She seems better and is already putting a lot more weight on it, she doesn't hesitate to climb up on the bars for food (though I think she would never hesitate to do anything for food)!

My girl went lame for apparently no reason too. She wasn't dropped and didn't jump so I was as puzzled as you are!

I cornered off a small section of cage and kept her in there. It helped stop her running around and prevented my other three girls from pestering her. I gave her 0.2ml of babies chalphol for 3-4days with the intension to take her to the vets if it hadn't improved. It did though so no vets trip was needed! :)

I kept her separated from my others for the next few days just to make sure she was properly healed up. She was fine after that.

My girl went lame for apparently no reason too. She wasn't dropped and didn't jump so I was as puzzled as you are!

I cornered off a small section of cage and kept her in there. It helped stop her running around and prevented my other three girls from pestering her. I gave her 0.2ml of babies chalphol for 3-4days with the intension to take her to the vets if it hadn't improved. It did though so no vets trip was needed! :)

I kept her separated from my others for the next few days just to make sure she was properly healed up. She was fine after that.
Thanks, @hsn97 !

Yes i see what you mean, it do,s look like she is holding her toes together , as to the cause , it could be anything

As the others have said , it would be safer to take her to your vet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back