• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Loft For The C&c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamestriker

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am in the middle of wicking cage liners. I have two for the loft and two for the part of the cage under the loft, as tucking fleece over the Correx in the corners will be difficult. (I am thinking of my back here!)

The loft is being delivered this morning, and I will be adding it as soon as I can, probably after the bathroom has been cleaned.

The instructions are sketchy because my phones email is playing up and I am not able to view the instructions properly. But my question is this: does anything come with the ramp? It is made out of Correx, and Correx has little grip for piggy feet.

I have visions of my piggies scrabbling like mad to get up said ramp but not actually moving very far, and me being in peals of laughter. I am sure that seeing this would be hilarious, but not very productive for them.

Any suggestions?

Ps: I am spending far too much money on Ziggy's fleece. But I love her products.

My washing machine is not so keen.

You could use a carpet tile stuck down on it. Other's have used lolly sticks again stuck on it. Those are the only things I can think of other than using fleece.

Where is the loft coming from?
We got ours from C&C cages and it comes with sides and a grippy strip of stuff up the middle (sorry - rubbish description. It's been a tough morning in the office).
I didn't have to add anything and the piggies seem to trot up and down it just fine.

I have grid metal covered with rubber-backed VetBed/VetFleece. The metal grid because I could make it to shape and file it smooth, and the VetBed to provide both comfort and grip and also for safety on their paws.
This is fixed in place by sewing on Velcro to the VetFleece and threading the other side of the Velcro through the gaps in the mesh, fixes it firmly in place during use but is easily removed for washing.
I wonder if you could use vetbed and somehow fix some Velcro to your ramp - that way you will have the benefit of being able to wash it.

The loft is from C&C cages, and I did not realise that it came with a black strip thingy in the middle.

I can build a C&C cage in minutes. But how on earth do you build a loft?! The email sent to me said something about bars and attaching the ramp, but it has come through all weird (I think it's my phone).

Do the support bars replace the grids on the bottom to support the base of the loft?

Oh, I have white Correx loft and red main cage.

It was a mistake. Ahem. I forgot to order red Correx.

Sigh

Looks lovely.
I actually really like the red and white combo.
The bars are for supporting any loft bigger than 1 x 2, as they are more stable than grids.
But in all honesty I never found them much good, so went back to grids.

So do I like the colour combo, it's all looking good, lucky piggies.
You must change you signature, everytime I see it, I think it is hilarious.

That's looking really impressive, lucky piggies.
I like the red and white combo too.
I've got vetbed on my ramp, some people use carpet.

I have used the support bars and two grids for extra support.

I forgot to cable tie the front grid to the support far. I will do that tomorrow.

The OH lined bits of coriander up the ramp and I ticked three out of the five piggies up itin to the loft. I have poos to prove it!

Now I am waiting to see if they use it without any incentive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back