• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lonely Guinea Pig

ginnyguineapig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,
My 4 year old piggie recently lost her sister very suddenly, I am still not sure what happened. My parents are not allowing me to get her a new friend and I love her very much. I wanted to know if there is any way I will be able to keep her happy or is it just better to try and find her a new home. I take her out to and let her have floor time almost everyday and she goes outside for most of the day in a giant run during the summer. Any suggestions to help keep her happy?

Thanks

This is a really tough question. Guinea pigs really do need other guinea pigs to interact with. I’d say really try to persuade your parents to let you get another guinea pig for her, saying that she will most likely be alive for a while longer (since she’s only 4) and really needs a friend to live a happy live. If you really can’t get her a friend, I’d say either try to find her a good home that you know will take good care of her (not just dumping her in a shelter) or try to double or even triple the time you are spending with her. Try to be in that room a lot, give her a ton of floor time, handle her on the regular, provide her with plenty of food, hay, and water. Also give her a lot of toys and chews. Try to keep her life as entertaining as possible.

Back