• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lonely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconsPigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's been two weeks since Furby's cage mate Bert passed away. He seemed to be ok but this past week poor Furby has been hiding a lot and doesn't seem to want to come out from his corner home. He's been eating/drinking but he's not his usual happy self :(

I've been to our local rescue in a bid to find him a buddy but sadly there were only pairs available. We are on the list for a date at Wheek & Squeak but I do not know how long this will take. My poor boy seems a little depressed. He's even avoiding being handled as much and just tries to snuggle into any dark hole. This is very unlike him. He's normally a noisy, popcorning, snuggly boy. Could it be that he's lonely? What should I do?

Thank you, in advance... :...

I had no luck when I was in this situation with rescues either, and I ended up doing the bonding myself as I knew of a lone boar in need of a new home. After meeting through a divider and then having a long play date it was clear the boys were getting on fine & 5 months later they still are.

Do you just have the one rescue near you? New boars come in to them all the time maybe make it clear you are desperate and you will get lucky. Another option is having him neutered to out him with a female but for me that was not an option, I didn't want to take the health risk so I would have continued to try him with other boys until he chose his new friend.

Ask ask ask & ask again, there is a piggy somewhere just right for your boy! Xx

Thank you Pamela. We tried the Stubbington Ark which is the only rescue I could find local. I think I'll see how he goes and if I get no luck then I may give it a go myself. There are some very informative threads on here that will help. Thank you again xx

Wheek & squeak in Southampton is a guinea pig rescue - try them! I had no luck there but you may well do it was months ago I was asking.....

Ask your local vets. I was at my vets yesterday and told them I was looking for a new pig and was told of two different members of staff there who might have available pigs!

Oh sorry I see that, I'm full of the cold at the mo I think my brain is fried!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back