• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Long time since I've been here!

Tinypixi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Fellow piggy folks! ... it's a long time since I've been here.... after having piggies for the last 8 years we lost our last boy back in Feb after some serious dental issues. I miss having pigs...but I'm not rushing in to anything. We've always kept our piggies outside in a purpose built 6x2 foot hutch ..with heating and undercover. And a patio for them to play out on. But I have plans to expand the housing area before getting any more. (When I talk the hubby in to it 😉).... my one and only issue is that my local rescue who we've used for the last 8 years have updated their rehoming policy and now only rehome to indoor homes....gutted! I class myself as a hugely responsible piggy owner and not everyone can have their piggies inside. Any way..... hi! 🤣

Aw so nice to have you back and so sorry you lost your last piggie last year X
It’s good to here you will be getting some more soon once you have had a little chat with the OH, I have to do that too 😆 they soon come round. I wonder why they have decided to take the decision on only rehoming to indoor settings, that’s a bit daft, they should take each rehome on merit and not blanket ban people from rehoming piggies to outside settings totally. Maybe you will find somewhere further afield, it’s there loss as you obviously have a great set up and vast experience too

Nice to see you back :) I’m sorry that you lost your last remaining piggy :( Your set up sounds great and it’s silly that a rescue will only rehome to an indoor set up :( I hope you can find another rescue. I’m sure there’s a couple of piggies out there somewhere for you even if they haven’t been born yet x

Hello and welcome back. I'm sorry that you lost your last piggy. How exciting to be planning on new piggies. I would still make contact with your preferred rescue. As a previous adopter they may make an exception, bearing in mind how good your accommodation would be.

Hello and welcome back. I'm sorry that you lost your last piggy. How exciting to be planning on new piggies. I would still make contact with your preferred rescue. As a previous adopter they may make an exception, bearing in mind how good your accommodation would be.
I've already asked them...and it was a No! .. 😔

Welcome back.
So sorry that you lost your last piggy.
Hope you can find a rescue that takes each person on merit and give some other piggies a wonderful home

Back