Looking For A Good Carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colette

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't like those tiny ferplast carrier boxes that are very awkward to get piggys in and out of. I am looking for ideas for a safe yet comfy carrier.

Will be watching this thread. I'm also on the hunt for a carrier - I've found a couple of cat ones that would be the correct size, but as I also want to use the carrier as a waterproof shelter for the run I could do without one that's got holes round the top!

I have to vote for cat carriers. I have this one below, from The Range and only cost £10. It's fab and happily carries my piggies too and from the vets. I plan on getting another as I would only comfortably put 3 pigs in it for any length of time. My 5 pigs fit in it happily for very short periods if I need them out of their cage while cleaning or doing DIY etc. They come in different colours, but i suppose many cat carrier's do the job. I line mine with a towel.

http://www.therange.co.uk/pratiko-carrier//the-range/fcp-product/88396

I use cat carriers, because you can comfortably get a pair of piggies in one of those (I suppose 3 if you had a trio and they liked each other a lot).
My cat carriers come from Wilkinsons and tend to be around £10.

I have this cat carrier that opens front and top too:
Trixie Capri III Open Top Transport Box

I have tried getting both of them in the front door only type, but once one it is really tricky trying to keep him in while I get the other one in. And I normally need two hands to hold a wiggly piggie.

Opening the top its easy peasy to get them both in. Its sturdy too, and you can dismantle it for easy cleaning or if you want to use the base as a litter tray and the top as a tunnel. Big enough for the cat to go to the vet in too.

That looks good @smileyface:) thanks. I used to have a problem with Toffee who hated being taken out of the front of the cat carrier and would nip me I reached in! A top opening one would have saved my fingers ;)

My carrier is a used for all my pets! Guinea pigs, rabbit, cats and chickens! But not the dog!

I think it's a cat carrier from pets at home. I like the top opener, but it has a front door as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back