• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Looking For Fleece Cage Liners Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurfette

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I am looking to get my cage set up in the next week for my new baby's we will be getting I am looking for fleece cage liners as I thought this might work out cheeper long term.
Looking for information and sites that can offer the best results for the guiniea pigs as I want what is best for them

Hi I am looking to get my cage set up in the next week for my new baby's we will be getting I am looking for fleece cage liners as I thought this might work out cheeper long term.
Looking for information and sites that can offer the best results for the guiniea pigs as I want what is best for them

Hi and welcome!

You may find this link here helpful. All About C & C Grid Cages Around The World

More information for wannabe and new guinea pig owners:
Quick Information Bundle For Wannabe Owners
New Owners' " How To" Starter Kit

Since we have members from all over the world, we cannot give you any more precise tips until you add your country, state/province or UK county to details. To make your lacation appear below your username and avatar in every post you make, please click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. Thank you.

I am extremely satisfied of the fleece and I am passing the idea on to owners in Italy, as nobody here seems to know this kind of bedding. I just bought some piece of fleece and I put it on a layer of old newspapers/fyers. Under the newspapers there are some old towels just for having a thicker floor on the cage (the basis is made of coroplast). Every day, during piggies' floor time, I take the fleece off, I shake it on the floor (and all the hay and poo easily fall down), I remove the wet sheets of newspapers, I put new sheets and I cover everything with the same fleece, after some hours hung to dry outside (actually the fleece is always dry because newspapers absorb the wet very well). I wash it (once a week or more often) in washing machine 40°C, no softener, normal detergent, with all the other laundry.
The towels underneath the newspapers remain clean and dry. There is NO SMELL AT ALL in the room and in the cage (my cage is in my living room and my nose can't stand any bad animal smell).
It is free of charge, comfortable for piggies' feet and useful for checking the wee and its residuals whcih remain visible on the newspaper underneath.
For making you understand better, I add some pics of my cage:
100_6630.JPG

100_6627.JPG

100_6624.JPG

100_6626.JPG

100_6623.JPG

100_6588.JPG

Thank you so much for your help and advice I have been looking at all the information i could find thanks

I have made a few cage liners using fleece zorb fleece; fleece mattress protector fleece and fleece incintinance pad fleece. The last was heavy. Both the others are wonderful!

The guinea pigs live in a 8 x 2 c and c cage and have a large hay area with newspaper hemp bedding and hay hay hay. Most of their wee goes in there.

The fleece area is for chillin (and pooing it seems).

Jingle showing you the hay area,

u98q1.jpg

Hi Smurfette
I got my liners from Hamocky Hammocks and they are absolutely lovely. I ordered fleece linings, a pyramid, a couple of huggle huts, a tunnel and some puddle pads and I can't prise them highly enough. The girl who made them was great and they came packaged so beautifully, I didn't want to open it.
The liners have an absorbent middle layer and I've been amazed by them not getting at all smelly. I use a couple of puppy pads in the areas our piggies seem to use most as a toilet, but I only change them weekly and to be honest I could probably leave them a bit longer. As an added bonus, Hammocky Hammocks are a charity that help rescue and take care of unwanted piggies. Any money they make from the liners goes directly back into that. Money very well spent! IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0119.JPG IMG_0120.JPG IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0132.JPG

Hi Smurfette
I got my liners from Hamocky Hammocks and they are absolutely lovely. I ordered fleece linings, a pyramid, a couple of huggle huts, a tunnel and some puddle pads and I can't prise them highly enough. The girl who made them was great and they came packaged so beautifully, I didn't want to open it.
The liners have an absorbent middle layer and I've been amazed by them not getting at all smelly. I use a couple of puppy pads in the areas our piggies seem to use most as a toilet, but I only change them weekly and to be honest I could probably leave them a bit longer. As an added bonus, Hammocky Hammocks are a charity that help rescue and take care of unwanted piggies. Any money they make from the liners goes directly back into that. Money very well spent! View attachment 64885 View attachment 64886 View attachment 64887 View attachment 64888 View attachment 64889
Thank you I am currently waiting on my order from hamocky hammock hopefully I will get it soon can't wait for my girls to get it in the cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back