• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Looking for opinions please

Guineapoops2022

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if this feeding sounds ok to you… so for the week at the moment my 4 female piggy’s get little gem lettuce 2/3 leaves each 2 bean sprouts each 4/5 sprigs of coriander and 2 slices of cucumber and then during the week we will add in for one day baby corn 2 small pieces each 2 small cuts of carrot one day a week maybe a piece of broccoli now and again or celery does this sound ok overall we give them this every night they get a quarter each of pepper at lunch and 4 table spoons of pellets shared between them each time thank you advice welcome 🙏🏻

Thank you for your advice is there anything else you would recommend? Is gem lettuce ok or should I be mixing different lettuces apart from iceberg obviously

Every day my boys get

1-2 lettuce leaves each (it is just whichever one I have in, but I usually get little gem for them)
A strip of bell pepper each
About 4 sprigs of coriander each
A slice of cucumber each

I may add in other things if I’ve got them (making sure high sugar and hIgh calcium items are not included regularly) but other times it’s just going to be those four basic items.

Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

Ok thank you how old are your boys? I feel like I am over doing it with the pepper compared to yourself and I have noticed white stuff on my girls bottoms I’m wondering is this calcium deposit and if it’s a concern? Many thanks really appreciate your help x

My boys are 4 years old

It’s normal for calcium to be expelled. If it is gritty or happening a lot then you do need to take a look at the diet - filter water, limit pellets as the two most beneficial ways of keeping calcium intake in check, then limiting high calcium veg

Mine like romaine and little gem lettuce best.
They will eat lambs lettuce under protest if there’s nothing else.
They also like dill occasionally.
Piggies can be fussy - today’s favourite is tomorrow’s poison.

Back