• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Looking To Rehome Single Female Piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazza1603

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone could help.

We had 2 female guinea pigs Fudge and Smudge, who were almost 2 years old. Sadly, Smudge died suddenly on Sunday night and we are concerned about Fudge as she is clearly missing her friend. They have always been together and Fudge is currently snuggling up to her cuddly toy guinea pig. We would like to get another female guinea pig to eventually live with her. Fudge was the dominant one between the two of them and she probably won't get on too well with another piggy of the same temperament as herself, so ideally we would prefer a quiet natured female.

We have always kept Fudge and Smudge inside and they lived in a C & C cage which is 4 by 2 and also has a second level where we keep their hay. They lived happily together in this cage but we do have the capacity to split it into two or make it bigger if need be. We also have a C & C cage run which we set up for them to have a good run about in and they also have a run (which has a shelter) in the garden for when the weather is nice enough for them to go outside.

We near in Newcastle upon Tyne if you come across a suitable female piggy - preferably between the ages of 1 to 3 if possible- could you let us know?

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry for the loss of Smudge and I hope sweet little Fudge finds that special friend. Although I cannot personally help you have you tried suing the Rescue Locator tool at the top of the forum? You may find one near to you. Fudge will have the advantage of being able to meet with her potential new friend to see if they get on before you make a commitment :) Sounds like one lucky piggy will hit the jackpot when she comes home with you to your lovely set-up x

I am wondering if anyone could help.

We had 2 female guinea pigs Fudge and Smudge, who were almost 2 years old. Sadly, Smudge died suddenly on Sunday night and we are concerned about Fudge as she is clearly missing her friend. They have always been together and Fudge is currently snuggling up to her cuddly toy guinea pig. We would like to get another female guinea pig to eventually live with her. Fudge was the dominant one between the two of them and she probably won't get on too well with another piggy of the same temperament as herself, so ideally we would prefer a quiet natured female.

We have always kept Fudge and Smudge inside and they lived in a C & C cage which is 4 by 2 and also has a second level where we keep their hay. They lived happily together in this cage but we do have the capacity to split it into two or make it bigger if need be. We also have a C & C cage run which we set up for them to have a good run about in and they also have a run (which has a shelter) in the garden for when the weather is nice enough for them to go outside.

We near in Newcastle upon Tyne if you come across a suitable female piggy - preferably between the ages of 1 to 3 if possible- could you let us know?

Hi! I am very sorry for your loss.

Please contact North East Guinea Pig Rescue. https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-rescue-locator/
They are the best rescue in your area, and you can be sure that you will be in safe hands.

Just seems to be boys available in our area..

Should a neutered boar be a possibility?

Yes, definitely! I have dated several bereaved sows of mine successfully with both neutered boars and sows. Much more important for a happy relationship than gender or age is mutual liking.

My latest arrival is three year old Carwyn/Frank from North East Guinea Pig Rescue, who is now happily living with my seven year old Ffraid, by the way. He's been here for two weeks, but he will have a choice of other younger sows of mine to live with once Ffraid has passed away, so it was safe to adopt him over that distance. ;)

So sorry for your loss. A neutered boar would certainly be an option to consider instead of another sow. But the key to the match is the personality of the piggies not their sex. I hope you soon find a good match for your fur baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back