Lost Our Little Lucy Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humfred

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tonight has been a very sad evening. This morning when I went in to feed the pigs their breakfast I picked up one of the houses and noticed Lucy was hunched up and not looking happy. I picked her up to check on her and listen to her chest as she recently recovered from a little chest infection. I noticed her backside looked slightly dirty. I had to go to work then, and when I came home from work she still looked flat and her bum was more dirty and I noticed some spots of blood on the fleece. We went straight to the vet. My vet is amazing, they saw us straight away even though they didn't have an appointment left. When she examined her she said straight away she could feel something very wrong in her abdomen. After taking her for a scan she came back and gave us the bad news. There was a massive mass inside her that looked really nasty and every time she squeezed her abdomen during the examination new blood was flowing out of her behind, meaning she was bleeding internally and probably in a lot of pain. I didn't understand, she was absolutely fine the previous night, eating as normal... The vet said she looks I'm great condition, nice weight, nice coat, meaning she couldn't have been ill for long. Considering her condition the vet said it was probably not in her best interest to operate on her. She did give us all the options, but suspected with something so big an nasty, it may very well have spread. She has only been with us since January, and she's was no older than 3. It was bizarre going home without her, so unexpectedly. It hasn't quite sunk in yet. We stayed with her as she went to sleep and when she got her injection. She looked very peaceful. I'm glad she didn't have to suffer any longer. We will miss her so much, she was a cheeky little girl. I hope she enjoyed her life with us, even though it was unfortunately cut short.

I'm sorry we couldn't do more for you Lucy. Run free over the bridge ❤

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What an awful shock I am so sorry for the loss of your stunning little lady. She was absolutely beautiful. I think you and your vet made the right choice and while it is so difficult you made it with the love for Lucy at the forefront of your mind. Hugs

Sleep well pretty girl

RIP Lucy
x x

chelle83

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh how awful for it to happen that quickly,my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Popcorn free little one xx

AuntyC

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aw, bless her. So sorry Humfred. She looked absolutely gorgeous and will no doubt leave a big hole in your heart and lives. Sometimes they just make their way to the bridge way too soon.:(.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
BIG HUGS

I am so very sorry; it is the kind of news that none of us want to hear! Take consolation in the fact that Lucy didn't suffer badly for very long and was able to lead a normal, happy life right until the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.