• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lots Of Healing Vibes For Emma Please - Malign Cancer Diagnosis

I am really struggling today as as much as I am obviously enjoying Emma still being here, I am finding it really hard to accept how poorly she actually is :(

If it wasn't for being able to feel that horrible tumour, you really wouldn't know :(

Apart from lymphoma which is horrible and I would rather
not witness again, I have never had a piggy with a cancerous tumour before. But Emma really is still a happy girl and apart from the usual weight fluctuations, she hasn't lost any weight what so ever and it's been just over 5 weeks since I first found the tumour and just over four weeks since the tumour was diagnosed as cancerous.

Can somebody please confirm that this is all pretty normal and that I did make the right choice in deciding not to operate on her. I'm just feeling like I should have taken the plunge and had the tumour removed even though my vet advised against it :( xx

IMG_0209.JPG

Oh lass you can't and try not to beat yourself up about this. No vet in the world can 100% say this or that. She is lovely Emma and is being brave and showing you a BIG LOVE YOU THANKS MUM FOR LOOKING AFTER ME IN MY NEED. . The fact she's ploding along is cos you giving her that opportunity and that's very powerful thing to do. Yes you are doing the right thing in my view 100%. Be Strong and tell herhow wonderful she's being. I hope if i ever in your situtation i do what you are. xx

I am really struggling today as as much as I am obviously enjoying Emma still being here, I am finding it really hard to accept how poorly she actually is :(

If it wasn't for being able to feel that horrible tumour, you really wouldn't know :(

Apart from lymphoma which is horrible and I would rather
not witness again, I have never had a piggy with a cancerous tumour before. But Emma really is still a happy girl and apart from the usual weight fluctuations, she hasn't lost any weight what so ever and it's been just over 5 weeks since I first found the tumour and just over four weeks since the tumour was diagnosed as cancerous.

Can somebody please confirm that this is all pretty normal and that I did make the right choice in deciding not to operate on her. I'm just feeling like I should have taken the plunge and had the tumour removed even though my vet advised against it :( xx

View attachment 65497
Its great that she is doing so well Claire, the tumour is not having effects on her system its just a lump at the moment. Go back and have another chat with the vet if you haven't done so already. Its obviously not quite what you expected but maybe the vet can reassure you. Sending love and hugs from Scrapper, Eileen and the gang xx

@Claire W Part of being a caring, loving owner is forever second guessing our decisions. And I always think I'm doing the wrong thing. But we always do it with love in our hearts.

Emma has no idea that she is ill, and is living life to the full being the healthy girl that she thinks she is. I know it's hard but try to enjoy it as much as you can. Spoil her rotten!

Just thought I would do a quick update.

Emma is still doing very well.

After several examinations since diagnosis, my vet is very happy with her and has come to the conclusion that her cancer is slow growing.

Emma and her friends are currently on their summer holiday for the next few weeks and here she is having the time of her life.

Thank you again @Wiebke and for the lovely photo xx

IMG_0339.JPG

Hello. It's great to hear little Emma is a battler. is that a true word ? All our thoughts and best wishes Claire Dave + Kath. x

Hello. It's great to hear little Emma is a battler. is that a true word ? All our thoughts and best wishes Claire Dave + Kath. x

Thank you Dave. She certainly is a battler and takes everything in her stride. She definitely isn't feeling poorly at the minute and why she is happy and still carrying on, that's all that maters :)

That is so true Claire. Emma's only where she is cos you and postive vibes. keep it up. She is a heart melter. in the last photo . . . Has she got a bit lippy on. :lol!:

That is so true Claire. Emma's only where she is cos you and postive vibes. keep it up. She is a heart melter. in the last photo . . . Has she got a bit lippy on. :lol!:

Ha ha, I have aways thought that part of her lip to be very cute and yes, it does look like lippy :D

Thank you for your kind words xx

Aww she is so cute, look at that happy little face. Glad to hear she is still doing well and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Back