• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Love, healing and good luck to Debbie's George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You all know how poorly little George has been. Tonight Debbie and Bev are taking him to be admitted to hospital.

Darling George, wishing you so much luck and love xx Get well soon xx

He's gone downhill again today. It's really sad. He is going back to his rodentologist tonight and being admitted for observation. I suggested a vit B12 injection which did help to stimulate DR's appetite a bit.

Thinking of you both x

Sending lots and lots of healing and love to both of you xxxxxx

Trace x

I have been talking to Debbie today and know George is poorly at the moment and off to take him hospital.

Lots of healing wishes for George, and a big hug for Debbie as I know how upset she is. So want him to get better soon, George is such a special piggie.

Hugs to both, and to Bev for taking them tonight.

Deb x xx

Sending loving thoughts to you both, get well little george x :-* :-*

Very sorry to hear you're not well again George. Sending lots of piggie kisses and cuddles to help you get better real soon :-* :-*

Any news on poor George today? Hoping its good news.................x

Huggles to little George, hope you are feeling a little better today x

Aw..i just read this! I hope Georgie does better very soon! :'(

Hello everyone, thank you so much for all your kind words and thoughts. Lucinda, you're so sweet for posting this for us, thank you :-*

As Lucinda said, George went downhill from Sunday. He refused to even try to eat and lost another ounce. There was nothing else I could do for him. I called my rodentologists who said that he sounded very poorly and that "it doesn't sound good". I was at my wits end but Saint Bev the patron saint of guinea pigs (that's how she's known in my house :) :-*) came to my rescue again and we drove down to Hastings after work (we live in London - its quite a trek!)
We got there and George was examined. He has a lump on his jaw which could either be an abcess or a tooth growing the wrong way. Because he is so weak, they thought it best to not investigate too deeply as it would be too traumatic for him. He is staying with them so they can build him up and help him regain his strength. On this occasion, finding the lump is a good thing because at least we can see a reason why he stopped eating and deal with it.
I phoned tonight and was told that there's no change yet but he has tried to eat a bit of grass. He is getting 24 hour care and love and if anyone can get him better they can. So, its fingers crossed and hoping that he still has a bit of fight left in him to get better and come home to me and Mildred.

Thank you Bev, you truly are the kindest person in the whole world. :-*
Also, When I got home tonight there was a packet from Thistle Cavies. Someone has bought me a bag of critical care. The note inside said that a friend had paid for it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart :-*
I feel like I'm the luckiest person ever to know such wonderful, kind and caring people. When I read this post today, it made me cry to know that there are so many people who care about George.
I will keep you all updated with his progress. :-*

Good luck and be strong. He is in the best hands for treatment.
God bless the person that sent you the CC - there are some of the most caring people i have ever experienced on this forum

GET WELL GEORGE - WE'RE ROOTING FOR YOU!

Debbie, lots of love to you both. You have so many friends!

Sorry I haven't been able to post or been able to reply to your messages - this computer is so slow!

I've got the same problem here pet so I understand your pain ;D

Now will I be able to post this? ?

George has been with his rodentologist since Tuesday night and we're all missing him very much. I check in with them every evening and so far there hasn't been a lot of change but he is trying very hard bless him. He did wheek when the veggies were being chopped the other day which, I hope, is a positive sign but he is by no means out of the woods yet.

here is a picture of my darling boy looking his very best, showing us those adorable piggy lips. Mildred looks less than impressed :)

CS5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back