• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lucy - thank you for being my guinea pig

Swissgreys

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It has taken me a few days to be able to write this post about my dear, sweet Lucy.
Lucy was definitely the pig that I rarely mentioned on this forum - she never had lots of stories to tell, or major personality issues like some of my others.
Lucy was simply sweet, loving and easy going.
She was really and truly my guinea pig from the start - she loved everyone and every pig she ever met, but she quietly loved me the best.
It is a splendid thing to be chosen by such a gentle soul.

Lucy was a snuggler, and when she was at her most content she would raise her head and lick my chin, before flopping back down with a contented sigh.
Lucy was a wheeker, and she was always the pig that set all the others off. She wheeked with the intensity of an air raid siren.
Lucy lived with various pigs in various combinations in her 4 years with us, and she never fell out with anyone.
Lucy loved food, and her favourites were lettuce and strawberry tops.

Lucy left us earlier this week, unexpectedly but gently - the same way she lived her life.
I always knew what a special soul she was, and right until the end she remained her loving self.
Lucy quietly told me at 2am one morning that it was time for her to leave, so in return I gave her the gift of a peaceful end.
There are no words for how much I miss my special girl.

IMG_9617.jpeg

My heart just sank when I saw this thread. I’m so very sorry @Swissgreys that you have lost your own special heart pig. She was lucky to have a slave so in tune with her and who loved her enough to help her to the Rainbow Bridge. I hope she will now be reunited with the beloved Eddi. Huge hugs to you all. Sweet dreams Lucy xx

It has taken me a few days to be able to write this post about my dear, sweet Lucy.
Lucy was definitely the pig that I rarely mentioned on this forum - she never had lots of stories to tell, or major personality issues like some of my others.
She was really and truly my guinea pig from the start - she loved everyone and every pig she ever met, but she quietly loved me the best.

Lucy was a snuggler, and when she was at her most content she would raise her head and lick my chin, before flopping back down with a contented sigh.
Lucy was a wheeker, and she was always the pig that set all the others off. She wheeked with the intensity of an air raid siren.
Lucy lived with various pigs in various combinations in her 4 years with us, and she never fell out with anyone.

Lucy left us earlier this week, unexpectedly but gently - the same way she lived her life.
I always knew what a special soul she was, and right until the end she remained her loving self.
Lucy quietly told me at 2am one morning that it was time for her to leave, so in return I gave her the gift of a peaceful end.

View attachment 133456
So sorry for your loss @Swissgreys its often the friendly lovely ones who dont do anything dramatic who are the solid bedrock of piggy room relations! Sleep tight little Lucy x

Oh I’m so sorry. She sounds adorable and your tribute is beautiful, from your words we can really get a sense of how sweet and loving Lucy was. I’m so very sorry for your loss, she sounds so special. Lovely photo too, such a sweet face! Take care of yourself - she was lucky to have you.

View attachment 133456
I have 💕 and 😢 reading this

BIG HUGS

We all have piggies that snuggle very, very deep in our hearts.

I am so sorry that Lucy has left you and left a big hole that is badly hurting right now.
But glad that her journey has been a gentle one, even though that is scant comfort...

Take it easy and be kind to yourself in the coming days. Experience doesn't mean that you are grieving any less.

Back