• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump Around Boar's Nipple..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffball

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Did the weekly checks on the piggies today, and found that Arthur, one of our two boys, who is about 4 years old, had a fairly large lump underneath his left nipple. It's about the size of 2/3rds of a baked bean, and seems fairly hard. The nipple itself looked a tad swollen, but there is no discharge coming out. I've booked an appointment at the vets for tomorrow, which was the earliest I could get, but just wanted to see if anyone else has found anything like this? Really hoping it's only a fatty deposit.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully just a fatty lump, Cookie has a few on her belly. Well done for getting the vets booked so quick, please let us know. Fingers crossed for Arthur x

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Best of luck at the vets! Any lump needs to be checked by a vet.

Fluffball

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just got back from the vets, and the vet has given it an all clear for now. :yahoo:
As he didn't squeak when he was being touched, she thinks it is probably just two fatty lumps (one inside and under the nipple) but has said to keep an eye on it for the next two weeks anyway.
I've attached two images of what it looked like in case anyone who had had piggies with fatty lumps has seen anything similar.
Arthur 1.JPG Arthur 2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.