• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump, can’t poop, flaky skin

Wolfgirl

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,

I have had my boy 4 1/2 years. He was a rescue when I got him. Since before Christmas he has had a growth between his bottom and back leg. Slowly getting bigger and now solid. He keeps trying to poop but his muscles on the back end seem to have gone so daily now I am helping him poo. He is starting to loose hair and his skin is now really flaky. Vets can’t see him until Friday. He is still eating, drinking and running aground the garden. His best friend died about a year ago and we added another two in with him but that didn’t work and they all became agressive. So now it is just him on his own. Not too sure how to help him this week. Thinking it may be time to say goodbye.
Thank you
Holly

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Your boy needs to see the vet as soon as possible, especially now the growth is getting larger. Did you ever take him to be seen with regards the growth? As for pooing, it sounds like he may have impaction. There isn't really anything you can do about it until he is checked by the vet and they find what is wrong. It's good if he is still eating etc. Have you weighed him to see how his weight is - whether he's losing or maintaining?

As for keeping him alone, boar trios rarely work out. But please don't discount getting him a friend when he's starting to feel better. He could have another 3 years to live, which would be a long and lonely time for him. Boar dating at a rescue is the best way to get him a friend - that way he can choose for himself which makes for a good bond.

Wolfgirl

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I was wanting to see the vets sooner! Hopefully he can keep going for a while yet. I was thinking it was impaction. I glove up and extract it for him. He is a lovely boy. He seems to be maintaining weight which again is a positive sign.
Initially he was a rescue in a well matched pair as others seemed to pick on him. Then with the pair they were babies and couldn’t even be in the same room without trying to attack him. One of them was fine with him for a while then turned unfortunately. Would love to get him a partner but everywhere seems to only allow 2 to be rehoused together.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I was wanting to see the vets sooner! Hopefully he can keep going for a while yet. I was thinking it was impaction. I glove up and extract it for him. He is a lovely boy. He seems to be maintaining weight which again is a positive sign.
Initially he was a rescue in a well matched pair as others seemed to pick on him. Then with the pair they were babies and couldn’t even be in the same room without trying to attack him. One of them was fine with him for a while then turned unfortunately. Would love to get him a partner but everywhere seems to only allow 2 to be rehoused together.
Most rescues will have availability of single piggies at some point or another to bond with a single piggy you already have. You just need to ring them (and likely wait) as most wont advertise single piggies and will only advertise bonded pairs on their websites (usually to prevent people thinking they can keep one on its own).

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Any decent rescue won’t encourage you to rehome two boars that you’re planning to house in the same cage as your single. Keep trying with the vet and hopefully you can find him a compatible friend as well.