• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump near boars private area

Dani06

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have found a lump just above my boars penis area, it feels hard. He doesn’t complain when I touch it. I have kept him out of his house until he wee’d and he didn’t not make any noises whilst wee’ing. There has been calcium deposits in his house for 2 weeks and I have been giving him a lower calcium diet (not sure if this is related) I will call the vets as soon as they open tomorrow, just wondering if anyone could have an idea of what it could be or anything else I could do tonight.
Thank you

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome

Please check his boar bits for a build up of hardened smegma or a semen rod. If you struggle or if you think that it is something else, please see a vet.
You will find this link here helpful as it explains and shows all the boars only stuff: Boar Care: Bits, Bums & Baths

Unlike sows, stones in boars usually fetch up further up in the awkward inglenook that boars have in their longer and narrower urethra.

PS: Could you please replace the name of your location in your account details (accessed via your username on the top bar) with your county. We have members from all around the country and quite literally from all over the world, so not everybody will know where you are from. A wider area helps all of us better to place you and to give you area links or tips if necessary without having to google every time.
Thank you.

Dani06

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I have tried to examine the boar bits so I can see if there’s a build up but am struggling so I will go straight to the vets tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the info on the bladder stones.

I have tried to change the county but can’t seem too figure it out! Will keep looking.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I have tried to examine the boar bits so I can see if there’s a build up but am struggling so I will go straight to the vets tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the info on the bladder stones.

I have tried to change the county but can’t seem too figure it out! Will keep looking.
Your location is perfectly fine as it is - world city works for most people!

All the best for tomorrow. Hopefully it is just some boar muck as it doesn't sound sore or painful.

Dani06

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hiya!
Thank you for your help yesterday, he’s been to the vets and it was a big lump of muck. He had to be sedated to get it out and clean the area, but he’s home now eating & napping. This is the lump that come out of the penis shaft!

Attachments

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Wow, that must have been painful. Poor boy, hopefully he will feel better now that is out.😀

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hiya!
Thank you for your help yesterday, he’s been to the vets and it was a big lump of muck. He had to be sedated to get it out and clean the area, but he’s home now eating & napping. This is the lump that come out of the penis shaft!
Ouch! Poor boy; I am sure that he must feel so much better once his sedation wears off.

Please use our boar care guide to check his bits every two weeks in order to prevent another build-up like that. It is not the most pleasurable job but unfortunately a necessary one. We strongly recommend to give your piggies a weekly weigh-in and body-check in order to catch any developing problems early on. Boar bits should be checked weekly to monthly depending on how messy your boys are.
Boar Care: Bits, Bums & Baths