• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump On Girls Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertisKing

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My sister has just sent me a photo of Cocos bits- apparently the circled area is hard and Coco squeaks when it is touched. Otherwise normal- eating, drinking, peeing and pooing and she's moving around okay. She's booked in at the vets for later today but after Crunchie went downhill so quickly, I'd like to be more prepared. Any of our experts know what this might be and what I need to be asking the vet?
received_1038810782895897.jpeg

Her vulva looks swollen too. I'd be very suspicious of a stone causing a blockage somewhere, please don't press on the area as it will cause her discomfort.

Are you sure she can still urinate normally?

Her vulva looks swollen too. I'd be very suspicious of a stone causing a blockage somewhere, please don't press on the area as it will cause her discomfort.

Are you sure she can still urinate normally?

The short answer is no. Coco is my sister's piggy and lives with her at my mums, and at the moment I'm stuck at work so I can only go off this admittedly poor photo and what my sister is telling me (she's 18 so I sort of trust what she's telling me)
Apparently Coco had just peed when this photo was taken but whether this was "normal" or not I don't actually know.
I've got her to put Coco on puppy pads so we can actually see what's going on until I get her to the vets in an hour or so.

The short answer is no. Coco is my sister's piggy and lives with her at my mums, and at the moment I'm stuck at work so I can only go off this admittedly poor photo and what my sister is telling me (she's 18 so I sort of trust what she's telling me)
Apparently Coco had just peed when this photo was taken but whether this was "normal" or not I don't actually know.
I've got her to put Coco on puppy pads so we can actually see what's going on until I get her to the vets in an hour or so.

Hi! Coco needs to see a vet promptly; all we can do is guess. If a stone is blocking the vulva, the pee can back up into the kidney and can cause lasting damage and even kill.

Just got back from the vets- bladder stone. She's booked in on Monday to have it removed following a weekend of antibiotics and painkiller. The vet took one look and decided that there was no way she's passing the stone on her own. She seems perfectly happy, currently munching on some cucumber so fingers crossed for Monday.

Just got back from the vets- bladder stone. She's booked in on Monday to have it removed following a weekend of antibiotics and painkiller. The vet took one look and decided that there was no way she's passing the stone on her own. She seems perfectly happy, currently munching on some cucumber so fingers crossed for Monday.
I thought as much, but is there a reason why they aren't acting now?

The stone is clearly causing a blockage of some description to cause the swelling and bulging; and it's just a matter of time before the flow of urine is completely obstructed, which can be life threatening if not dealt with ASAP.

Please make sure she is urinatring regularly over the weekend.. Place her on pads and wait for a wee every few hours to make sure the stone doesn't block things completely.

I thought as much, but is there a reason why they aren't acting now?

The stone is clearly causing a blockage of some description to cause the swelling and bulging; and it's just a matter of time before the flow of urine is completely obstructed, which can be life threatening if not dealt with ASAP.

Please make sure she is urinatring regularly over the weekend.. Place her on pads and wait for a wee every few hours to make sure the stone doesn't block things completely.
I'm not sure why they didn't admit her there and then, unless it's purely because they don't operate at weekends. I've bought her back to mine as I'd feel much better watching her myself and I can get her to the emergency vets much faster if necessary. I forsee a sleepless weekend ahead.

Poor girl. Glad she's with you Beth, as you will spot any signs of pain or deteriorating condition. I hope she can hold on til Monday.

As long as she is closely monitored she should be fine; you are clearly on the ball :-) good luck for Monday x

Poor girl :( I've had 2 sows where this has happened, one I manipulated out as it was literally poking out of the vulva, clearly visible & small enough & the second one was removed by Vedra at the CCT many years ago. In females they are easily removed (Quick whiff of gas at the vets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back