• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump on upper arm/shoulder area

danuutka

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boyfriend had a feel of Nelli today when she was on his lap, and he found a lump on her upper left arm. It’s about 1cm in diameter, and we can easily move it under her skin - it also doesn’t seem to be hurting her. She is completely fine in herself, eating and pooping as normal (poops a tiny bit slimier than usual). She just now has a tiny bit of clear snot coming out of her nose, but I think she might have got some hay up there and is now trying to get it out.

We are, of course, calling the vet in the morning. I just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with lumps in the same place as I’m completely freaking out with worry.

I have attached pictures trying to show it.

Attachments

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
My boyfriend had a feel of Nelli today when she was on his lap, and he found a lump on her upper left arm. It’s about 1cm in diameter, and we can easily move it under her skin - it also doesn’t seem to be hurting her. She is completely fine in herself, eating and pooping as normal (poops a tiny bit slimier than usual). She just now has a tiny bit of clear snot coming out of her nose, but I think she might have got some hay up there and is now trying to get it out.

We are, of course, calling the vet in the morning. I just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with lumps in the same place as I’m completely freaking out with worry.

I have attached pictures trying to show it.
Ouch!

I am very sorry that your problems continue but I would recommend to have the lump seen during regular opening hours.

danuutka

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ouch!

I am very sorry that your problems continue but I would recommend to have the lump seen during regular opening hours.
Things like this always happen on a weekend... Thankfully our vets are open regular hours on Saturdays, so we’ll call in the morning to arrange an appointment. I wouldn’t think it was an immediate emergency right?

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Things like this always happen on a weekend... Thankfully our vets are open regular hours on Saturdays, so we’ll call in the morning to arrange an appointment. I wouldn’t think it was an immediate emergency right?
No, if the lump is sitting loosely in the skin, then it is most likely harmless and can wait well for a week or two if necessary if it doesn't grow further very quickly. Lumps can suddenly appear to quite a size.