• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lumpy Abdomen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggly

_
Reaction score
For a few months I've been unhappy with how Montys tummy feels. He has big fatty bits on his sides (like sows can often get) and his tummy feels oddly lumpy. Sometimes I have a feel of it to see if I can spot anything, and today when I changed the light pressure to carefully feeling with fingertips under the fatty bits he got really upset and reacted badly. His tummy often feels a bit hard but he seems to have no problem with gas that I can tell. Its strange - otherwise he's very healthy, hes only 8 months old, eats, drinks and poops fine, is very fiesty and noisy!

If he was female he'd have been rushed to the vets with suspected pregnancy, because he feels a lot like a pregnant sow! (I have double checked!)

Anyone ever known this before? Likely I'm just being a bit paranoid? He's had it since suddenly when he was about 5 months old. He also more or less stopped growing about then too.

Definitely considering visiting our most experienced exotics vet, but I could be taking him there for nothing. I just don't know!

Boars can have the fatty side bits as well as sows, but if you are worried, please have his tummy checked.

Phew - he's had a proper prod and poke around to make sure everything feels normal, and it does :) It was a vet who made me uncertain about it, he had a quick check over last time he went with Eddie and she said 'oh he's got a funny shaped tummy hasn't he!' Which of course made me a paranoid piggy mum. All is well however, he's just a lumpy boy! :))

Good to hear. Some pigs just get benignly lumpy! One of my boys has a lump on his side. I was a worry wart until it got diagnosed as a harmless sebaceous cyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back