• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Luna's foot

Chaz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Luna's foot is hard and yellow down the side. It looks like if we get hard skin on our feet, only obviously I can't buff her feet like I do to mine.
What should I do?

If you’re worried you could email the vet a photo. Does it look sore or is she acting like it is ‘?

If you’re worried you could email the vet a photo. Does it look sore or is she acting like it is ‘?
No, she's acting normal. It just feels hard.
I'll send a picture to the vet. Thanks for the advice.

If you are worried or she seems in sny discomfort or there is any redness and swelling you should see a vet, but possibly she has foot spurs, which are like you say just hard dried skin callouses that some piggies get on their feet as they get older. These can be left alone unless they get very long and catch on things, in which case a vet nurse can safely trim these for you- its not something I would recommend trying to do yourself. Sending a photo to the vet is a great idea :)

Back