• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

maggies eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
just got my piggies out and noticed maggies right eye has got a red blob protruding out this wasn't there yesterday think maybe one of the other pigs have caught it will try and get a picture but not sure if i can.

heres the best i could take. sorry pics taken with mobile.

mageye2.jpg

mageye.jpg

when she closes eye it does stick out

Dificult to tell from the pic. How is she otherwise?

I would recommend to get it checked out by a vet. It could be as simple as a husk which is stuck in the eye - difficult to tell from the photo. Doesn't look like a poke injury to me - Normally the eye goes cloudy.

Hopefully someone who knows better will come along. But I would say def get it checked by a vet as eye problems can be a sign of something else which is wrong.

All the best
L

Ahhhhhhhhhh poor piggy:(
Perhaps maybe something has got in the back of the eye and has caused this,i would of thought if it was something like a growth it would of come up slowly but then I'm not a vet,
Hope your piggy will be fine and its nothing serious:)xx

its the same really, took her to the vet today, and the lump had scabbed over but scab fell off the lump. it is red and had bled a little and slightly inflamed. the vets given me some eye drops and wants to see her again on tues, she said that it looked like it was on a stalk, it doesn't seem to be bothering her. the vet was talking about operating on it, this i am not sure about.

Last edited:
its the same really, took her to the vet today, and the lump had scabbed over but scab fell off. The lump is red and had bled a little and slightly inflamed. the vets given me some eye drops and wants to see her again on tues, she said that it looked like it was on a stalk, it doesn't seem to be bothering her. the vet was talking about operating on it, this i am not sure about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back