• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Maggot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pebbles23

New Born Pup
Reaction score
just been feeding my guineapigs and found what I think was a single maggot on a piece of carrot, I have checked them both and they appear normal and healthy no signs of any maggots or skin irritation on them and they are both lively and eating. What are the signs I should be looking for to make sure they are both okay? Any help would be appreciated!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Check especially the area around the genitals, if necessary give them a bum bath (but make sure that they are dry when they go back out) and please deep clean the hutch!

Blood and stale excrement are a magnet for those flies that lay their eggs into living flesh. More information via the yellow bar at the top.

Pebbles23

New Born Pup
Reaction score
thank you! the area around their genitals and their huch are clean, going to keep a very close eye on them but hopefully it was more to do with where the carrot had been

Status
Not open for further replies.