• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Maisies at the vet today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
found her wet chin last night shes now in having it checked out, I spoke to the boss man and he was intrigued when I said about non anesthetic, he said he would love to know more, so does anyone know if Vedra would be able to send him details or phone him, think having the boss man ask might be a step in the right direction, but he was explaining to me the amount of anesthetic given to pigs is so light its like twilight sleep for teeth as its done so quick, and he has not lost any pigs through anesthetic, he did know about the CCT but I think he needs to be pushed to get into it, hes elderly but is still interested which surpised me,
he also said recently a lot of pigs have come in for teeth problems apparently he has lots of adoring pig owners who know signs of tooth problems and bring them in but he is finding not even half have any probs with thier teeth when looked into its to do with the stomach the wetness comes from them feeling sick and its hard to get the stomach back to normality he did tell me the name but i forgot it, so dont always assume its teeth, but fingers crossed maisie gets sorted shes a little cracker and snuggled me until he saw her, he even said you certainly have a way with frightened pigs ahhhhh
he just phoned, Maisie had op she had small spurs and fingers crossed thats the prob BUT he wont let her home until shes eating her own food as he wants to see if she has illious when the gut does'nt work and then its fiber etc he said the spurs were not too big but different pigs react differently to them she had her incisors trimmed as well, he really is a nice vet, so wish Maisie luck shes worth it

Masies stayed in over night as he wants to be certain she is eating her food , he said she is attempting to eat but he wants to be certain as so many are getting this tummy trouble and does'nt want me to get her home only to find she is unwell again, which is nice of him, he wants to hear from the night nurse in morning,

Will keep my fingers crossed for Maisie :-*

Maisies 2 and the vet phoned this morning she is still not right shes still trying to eat but not pooping well, so he is keeping her in to watch until hes happy shes going to be ok,maybe this afternoon if she improves,

[colorr][colorwhit]Sning warm rays an goo thoughts to hr :-*

Gt bttr soon littl on! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunalty the vet phoned this morning and although she was reasonably bright last night in between syringe feeding she was depressed and this morning they expected her to be dead, he said the crunching noise was her jaw, I heard it myself before i took her in, he said I could syringe her 5 times a day for as long as nature allows but she was majorly depressed and in some pain so would also need pain relief, he said she would give up sooner rather then later , so I took the sad decision to put her to sleep, I did think she was only 2 but she was in fact 3 in oct,
I could'nt let her suffer just to keep her alive for my sake, I have got to say the vets have been wonderful phoning me twice a day with updates and they really wanted her to come home well, bless her little heart she did try, God bless little girl mummys going to miss you :'( :'(

:'( :'( :'( I am so so so sorry to hear about little Maisy. At least she is in no pain now! :'( :'( :'(

Huggs to you :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back