Makeshift Litter Tray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all.
After some advice on what kind of plastic is safe for my piggies to use as a littertray. I was going to buy a corner litter tray but my girls have decided the best place to do their business is at the bottom of the ramp! So i thought a long litter tray wud fit better than a corner one but I'm unsure what is safe for them as my two seem to nibble on everything. Any ideas wud be great.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I use corner trays as well as seed trays. In areas that they use as toilets (the bottom of the ramps is a favourite place, as well as the sleeping area), I would recommend to look into puppy pads or incontinence seat covers.

kim3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ooh puppy pads is a gud idea. Then i wudnt have to use carefresh there wud i, just let the pigs go straight on the puppy pad?

kim3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So got my puppy pads and straight away theyre both munching on them, typical! Are they safe for them to munch on?

Tinkoz

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
My girls use the bottom of there ramp as well I bought a corner try which like you said does not fit that well so I found one of there old logs and it sits perfectly on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.