• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Making a cat proof cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello there

We have two lovely piggies called Captain Carrot and Mr Apple, who are currently outside, but we would love to bring them in now. I have agonised over cages and just can't decide, but we have two cats so want to make it as safe as we can for them. Most cages look like our cat would be able to poke his paw through the bars and scratch them. I have been looking at making C & C cages too, but am also worried that Spike will do them some harm, even with a lid. I am still fairly new to guinea pigs so any help would be greatly appreciated. We did fortify their hutch outside with chicken wire to prevent this with foxes, but just wondered if anybody knew if you could buy grids with fairly small gaps.

Thanks
Emma xx

Hi I made my C & C with these:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/4-cube-display/43900?_requestid=89469

You do get 4 cubes, or 16 panels. You may need 2 packs if you want to make a lid though, just hinge it with cable ties which you can also buy there. I ordered my panels in the Screwfix shop & they came in 2 days. I'm not sure if they are out of stock at the moment so you could ring the helpline.

Thank you. They look to be out of stock so I will ring the helpline on Monday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back