Making Fleece Liners Using Sewing Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I am interested in making some fleece liners and beds for my piggies. I am currently looking for a sewing machine, but am getting a bit bogged down. Is there anyone out there that makes fleece liners that can help me.
What sort of sewing machine do I need? I don't know if a mini one would do or if I need a better one. http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/janome-sew-mini-140m-sewing-machine/591786-1000 this is the one I am currently thinking but I don't know if it will go through the fleece and inner wadding. I don't really want to spend more than £100.
Any advice appreciated. thanks

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

Sunnycharlie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have you got a John Lewis near you? Or a sewing machine shop?They usually have a variety of machines and will demonstrate for you. I have Janome but it's a very old one and it struggled with two layers of fleece and an incontinenece pad.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I use the Ikea sewing machine, always does me well. Needs regular cleaning and oiling but apart from that it's fine :)

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I have a Janome machine, basic model, I had struggled quite a bit with broken needles and issues and had to buy a walking foot.. Managed to make a few but spent hours of wasted time so going to ask someone else to make my next ones ! And I can kind of sew ... Really small machines might struggle..

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've seen a brother machine at hobby craft for £69 I think I remember hearing good reviews about it x

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Have you got a John Lewis near you? Or a sewing machine shop?They usually have a variety of machines and will demonstrate for you. I have Janome but it's a very old one and it struggled with two layers of fleece and an incontinenece pad.
That's a good idea.. I just bought the one I had used on a sewing course as I knew how it worked lol.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I am interested in making some fleece liners and beds for my piggies. I am currently looking for a sewing machine, but am getting a bit bogged down. Is there anyone out there that makes fleece liners that can help me.
What sort of sewing machine do I need? I don't know if a mini one would do or if I need a better one. http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/janome-sew-mini-140m-sewing-machine/591786-1000 this is the one I am currently thinking but I don't know if it will go through the fleece and inner wadding. I don't really want to spend more than £100.
Any advice appreciated. thanks
I would say that one might not be able to handle all the layers.. X

Status
Not open for further replies.