• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Making progress I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kelly

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well yesterday morning I was watching the news before work and bea came out and started munching her hay. Now bea NEVER comes out while someones in the room! Granted she legged it back into her house when she realised I was there lol!

Then last night bumble came out to get some food and I managed to sit far back from the cage chatting to her for a minute and half before she hid again but she used to hide as soon as she realised someone was in the room.

On top of that they used to fidget a lot in their house when you open the cage but yesterday night I opened the cage, sat down next to it, put my hand near the door to the house and chatted for 10-15 mins and they weren't scrambling to get further away from me!

I will be so happy if my girlies are starting to get used to me!

Aww sounds like they are getting more settled. It's so enjoyable to see how their confidence increases and they start to have their own little personalities and habits x)

Sounds like they are getting used to their surrounding and to you.

Start putting food down and linger; even let you hand linger in the cage, holding a treat. Gently place the treat eventualy on the floor, but let the piggies make the connection hand = food. Chat away gently and encouragingly the whole time; a predator on a hunt is silent.

You are getting there and will reap the results of your patience in the not too far future!

I've just brough apples and hope that I can get them to come out to the apples!

Thanks for advise I'm gonna try this tonight. Lady Kelly let me know how * get on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back