Male Piggy wont stop biting me! it hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hiya everyone, just hoping for a little more advice again with my little terror piggie 'Alfalfa' He keeps biting, i hold him for about an hour everyday. He has gotten worse since i got my newer pig (Alfa is 9months - new piggy is 5months)
I keep them seperate but alfalfa has always seemed to bite and i dont know why.
Is there any kind of tips or advice anyone could offer me?!

Thanks! drool

gizmo01

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
are you holding the other pig first? that could be it if not it may be due to being held for an hour. try holding him for 20 mins multiple times during the day. he is at that naughty age and could be testing his limits with you stay positve i shouldcheck him over just incase he has any skin problems

Reaction score
Sounds to me that he is not really a cuddly piggy. Some of them hates being held. Maybe hold him in a cuddle cup.
By the way; your avatar piggie is GORGEOUS! drool

Reaction score
+ it seems to only happen when i have him on my lap.
He'll dig and try to get under my arms then he'll just bite me anywhere and everywhere.

He also bites the cage bars alot

any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
He did break his top tooth a couple of months back but it grew back pretty quickly, i noticed a few weeks ago that he'd broken one of the bottom ones, i can only assume its from biting the bars?

He's got plenty of chew toys in his cage but still insists on those bars!

gizmo01

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
sounds like a typical boy to be honest ours have tonnes of chew toys but prefer the furnature

Reaction score
How long after you start holding him does he start biting? I can only have about 10 minutes at a time for cuddles until they start to get restless, they'll bite the blanket they are on and start trying to get away so I just take it as a sign that they're bored of me now or need the loo! I ignored the signs once and Thumper purposefully reversed up to my leg and peed on it lol so I pay heed to their signs now :))

Reaction score
Gosh an hour is a long time.Mine will only tolerate lap time for about 10 minutes,then they start to get agitated and bite my top.I think it is their way of letting you kn ow they have had enough and may need a wee.Biting you is telling you they have had enough

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have you ever thought he needs to pee. Two of my pigs will nibble and become restless when they need the loo.

I agree with everyone perhaps try 20 minutes, or it maybe he might not like cuddles.

Mites is another possibilty as they are sore and itchy!

Beautifulmess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My younger pigs had to started to nip, I've noticed they are doing it less now. It seems they were testing their limits with me, sometimes I tap them on the nose if it's a very hard bite, otherwise I ignore it. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.