• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dental malocclusion :(

kaitlynlovesgpigsx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
my pig archie has a suspected malocclusion. i also believe there’s an abscess there as well because on one side his nose and eye is really runny. he only eats if i force food down him but he’s having some critical care as well. he goes for his op tomorrow morning but i can’t help but fearing the worst- kind vibes are greatly appreciated :(

my pig archie has a suspected malocclusion. i also believe there’s an abscess there as well because on one side his nose and eye is really runny. he only eats if i force food down him but he’s having some critical care as well. he goes for his op tomorrow morning but i can’t help but fearing the worst- kind vibes are greatly appreciated :(

Fingers crossed for poor Archie!

Please take the time to read our post op care guide so you can step in if necessary and know what to do.
Tips For Post-operative Care

Concentrate on sending Archie gentle green healing thoughts during the wait; especially when your apprehensions threaten to overtake you or make sure that you have something to do with your hands.

Fingers crossed for poor Archie!

Please take the time to read our post op care guide so you can step in if necessary and know what to do.
Tips For Post-operative Care

Concentrate on sending Archie gentle green healing thoughts during the wait; especially when your apprehensions threaten to overtake you or make sure that you have something to do with your hands.
his nose is also bleeding which i’ve never ever seen before. I'm hoping that it’s the infection coking out if there’s an abscess?

update:
he woke up from the op but he’s now got an infection in his nose- i’m really worried.
Did he get prescribed any medication? I’m not sure about nose infections, I’m sorry. Hopefully, he gets better :)

Hoping poor Archie recovers soon. Have you been given painkillers (Metacam) and an antibiotic? If not ask for some. He may require syringe feeding for a few days to support him until he can eat enough for himself too. Sometimes theit mouths can be quite sore. Weigh him at the same time daily to make sure he is getting enough food x

yep
Hoping poor Archie recovers soon. Have you been given painkillers (Metacam) and an antibiotic? If not ask for some. He may require syringe feeding for a few days to support him until he can eat enough for himself too. Sometimes theit mouths can be quite sore. Weigh him at the same time daily to make sure he is getting enough food x
just a little update- he’s doing good! he’s back to his normal cheeky self just not eating quite as much. he’ll munch on hay quite the thing but just starting to come round to his veggies. i’m really hoping this is him on the road to full recovery!
thank you for all the help and support x

just a little update- he’s doing good! he’s back to his normal cheeky self just not eating quite as much. he’ll munch on hay quite the thing but just starting to come round to his veggies. i’m really hoping this is him on the road to full recovery!
thank you for all the help and support x
Aw, that’s great news, hope Archie makes a full recovery x

Aw, that’s great news, hope Archie makes a full recovery x
hi me again ahaha

he still won’t eat veg on his own. we do this thing called “veg on a stick” where i poke a bit on the end of syringe and stick it in his mouth. he’ll eat when i do that but won’t do it on his own. i’m so very worried since it’s been a whole week since his surgery- any advice?

hi me again ahaha

he still won’t eat veg on his own. we do this thing called “veg on a stick” where i poke a bit on the end of syringe and stick it in his mouth. he’ll eat when i do that but won’t do it on his own. i’m so very worried since it’s been a whole week since his surgery- any advice?
Aw, it’s a difficult time for you x Have have spent many weeks hand feeding and syringe feeding my Ted. I eventually got him to see Simon Maddock at the Cat and Rabbit Clinic in Northampton and he got him eating properly again. It’s a very long way for you though, we have a 600 round trip, you would be a lot further.
I’m going to tag the most experienced forum member I know who has a Guinea Pig Sanctuary for special needs piggies mainly dental problems, she may be able to help or suggest something
@furryfriends (TEAS)
Hope thing improve Archie soon x

Aw, it’s a difficult time for you x Have have spent many weeks hand feeding and syringe feeding my Ted. I eventually got him to see Simon Maddock at the Cat and Rabbit Clinic in Northampton and he got him eating properly again. It’s a very long way for you though, we have a 600 round trip, you would be a lot further.
I’m going to tag the most experienced forum member I know who has a Guinea Pig Sanctuary for special needs piggies mainly dental problems, she may be able to help or suggest something
@furryfriends (TEAS)
Hope thing improve Archie soon x
simon is not an option for me i’m afraid.
i’m really starting to panic now

simon is not an option for me i’m afraid.
i’m really starting to panic now
So sorry for you, I really can’t offer any further advice apart from keep on persevering with the feeding. Is there any local rescues that can offer advice about a good piggie vet with experience of dental surgery?

Back