Noticed last night that Patrick has a V shape on his back.
View attachment 265173
View attachment 265174
So I’ll be getting him in at the vets today as it’s probably mange mites. But a full check up won’t go a miss anyway.
My question is will they be on Pebble too? He’s not got any symptoms.
I can’t believe how quickly the “V” came up. He’s been away on “holiday” recently so it was probably the stress of that.
He’s in at the vets this evening at 6.30.




I remember when I couldn't get hold of it online during the last shortage and I emailed the cat and rabbit clinic to see if they had any in stock and they didn't but they said they had kitten stronghold which is a similar product.So I’ve had to chase the vets again today as they didn’t call back yesterday.
Does anyone know what an alternative is to Xeno? @Piggies&buns?
The xeno 450 is usually available on amazon but when I had a look it's not there now. All their ivermectin is the same strength as the beaphar ones.
Just found it on ukpetdrugs.co.uk £32.50 +£2.99 delivery.
Is the treatment every two weeks? I’ve got a mind block.![]()
No advice unfortunately just wanted to share that I’m in the same boat with my piggies! Can’t get a hold of Xeno 450 and currently waiting on a delivery of Naqua spot on treatment from Amazon. So frustrating isn’t itfingers crossed the beaphar works for your piggies x
Thanks. So do I.I'm sorry they have mites again. I hope the Stronghold gets rid of them once and for all.
Guess who’s been back to the vets today with mites? Patrick again. I’d noticed he was itching more and being a tiny bit more sleepy. I did think it was the weather but then I weighed him and he'd lost a bit of weight 70g. Sod’s Law I haven’t weighed them for a couple of weeks so I don’t know how quickly he’s lost it.
Anyway off to the vets we go, Pebble too. Yes we seen mites on Patrick but nothing on Pebble. But we will treat them both.
Then the fun starts. Because they tell me they don’t have and Xeno450. I did ask on the phone before making the appointment and the receptionist said they did have some but unfortunately it was the Xeno50. So they tell me to go to the pet shop and get Beaphar like last time. I explained that I had tried the pet shops too and they are out of stock.
At this point the vet and the receptionist are just standing there looking at me. So I said I had read online that kitten stronghold can be used but it’s selamectin and not ivermectin. What did they think? Just then, by some miracle, a head vet walked past so she asked him what were his views and he said I don’t see why not. So off she went and measured me out 4 stronghold doses to use. One each today and one each in 4 weeks time. At that point I was very happy to come away with some treatment.
But here’s my question is two doses 4 weeks apart ok or should I still do the three rounds every 2 weeks. @Piggies&buns. Any advice? Thanks.
Thank youSorry to hear about the mites
I have not had to use a selamectin based product, but I do have a thought that the dosing is different with stronghold than with xeno so I wouldn’t be concerned about it being two at 4 weeks
Thank youPoor Patrick, I hope the stronghold helps.
If it’s any help. We have been prescribed stronghold kitten in the past at a dose immediately & another in 4 weeks. (No third dose).