• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Marvin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
marvinkuschel.jpg

last night we had to make the decision, and believe me it was the hardest I had to ever make :'(

His breathing got worse and worse, and he couldnt even stand up anymore, just lying floppy on our arms...
And I didnt want him to suffocate, all alone in his cage, while I was upstairs sleeping in my comfy bed.

so at midnight, the emergency vet ended his suffering, and Marvin fell asleep forever. :(

He was only just over a year, and has always been the healthiest little piggy I knew - how all this has happened I dont know.
We are shattered. He was the first pig Mike and me got together, we both immediately fell in love with him, and he has been such a character... I cant believe he is gone.

With him, a part of me and Mike has died.

Sleep tight, little one.

Oh no, I am so so sorry to read you sad news. :'(

Its is heartbreaking to have to make that decision to let them go, have had to do it myself recently. It is so difficult to do, but also the kindest if its that time, as no piggie should suffer.

Marvin looks a very handsome piggie, try to remember how he was and the happy times you had with him. Not easy I know. My thoughts are with you.

I remember when I lost my first pig, both my husband and I were totally gutted and we sobbed/grieved so much. These little creatures pull so hard at our heart strings.

RIP Little Marvin. Be at peace with the other piggies at the bridge.

Deb x

I am so so sorry for your loss...

You did what was right for Marvin and now he is free from his discomfort.

I know how much you are hurting right now and it feels like there is a big gaping hole in your heart.
Over time it will heal until it is just a little scar.

We give a piece of ourselves to our precious pets and when they leave us they take it with them to make them feel safe on their journey. Marvin will always be with you ... because he gave a little of himself to you too. x

So very sorry to read this sad news.
Sweet dreams little man you will be missed and always loved by your mum and dad.

Take care, thinking of you both,
Barbara

You really are having a tough time at the moment with it aren't you. :(

Take a deep breath & take stock. I take it you now only have Milka? Apparantly Bramcote rescue in Nottingham have had about 30 pigs in from the RSPCA at the moment. I know that you don't want to replace your lost pigs but probably would like to give another pig or 2 a home. If you give Bramcote a call & there are any there that you like the sound of I would be willing to take them to the place we met at before....

Chin up Ulrike
H78x

Oh Ulrike I am so very very sorry to hear this. :'(

You & Mike are in my thoughts, try to remember the happy times you had with Marvin & the joy he brought (i know it's not easy)

He'll be popcorning over the bridge with Lily & Pebbles & watching over you both

N.nite Marvin :-*

Niki x

hils78 said:
You really are having a tough time at the moment with it aren't you. :(

Take a deep breath & take stock. I take it you now only have Milka? Apparantly Bramcote rescue in Nottingham have had about 30 pigs in from the RSPCA at the moment. I know that you don't want to replace your lost pigs but probably would like to give another pig or 2 a home. If you give Bramcote a call & there are any there that you like the sound of I would be willing to take them to the place we met at before....

Chin up Ulrike
H78x

actually, we are having two at the moment, Milka and Mabel. Mabel is the result of me going into P@H with a friend, and throwing all my logic out of the window... I actually felt guilty for getting her, simply because I know I shouldnt have been supporting petshops.. but I am a very weak person.

But anyway - both me and Mike are considering just giving it up. We lost four pets within half a year, and I am just not sure if I can take any more. They bring much joy - but it is so heartbreaking to see them go, and go they do :(
Besides, maybe it is the best for our pets if they werent with us, seeing that we attract so much bad luck :(
I have contacted the woman I got Milka from, asking if she would prefer to take her back, or if I could rehome both Mabel and Milka together..

This isnt my final decision, but very close to one. I talked to Niki about this the other day; Marvin was very very special, and we are just not sure that we want to continue keeping piggies now that he is gone :( It just hurts so much...

You must be feeling so much pain to feel this way
It is still so raw but in a few days it will hurt less
Try not to decide anything until this initial period of grief is over if you can

When Bil died I said I would never have another pig. I didnt want to put myself through the pain I was feeling ever again. But my Mum said that I wouldnt feel this way for too long and she was right.

Of course everyone will respect whatever you decide, but from my own experience, hang on in there if you can

the thing is, I would just like to see a pet grow OLD with me.. :-\

I know that every piggy will go eventually, just like my rabbit did after 8 years of being with me, but lately I seem to get all sorts of weird illnesses and freak accidents, and they just go before their time, and its just too much..

My boyfriends parents are already jokingly saying they dont have much space in their garden left!

And they always look at us as if to say we are silly really, we cry cause we lost a pet, and yet get new ones, only for them to leave us aswell, and leave us heartbroken.. :(

group.jpg

thats the whole family together... Mabel is an exact mix of both their colours, isnt she? I always thought they looked like Mama Papa and daughter... *sigh*

Only that daddy is missing now :(

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, you have made the best decision for Marvin and he'll be running free now over the Rainbow Bridge. Try not to think negatively, all your pets have had the best time possible with you no matter how long their lives were.

My thoughts are with you,

Alyson x

You have all that love in you to share.
I dont think its silly to keep getting more pets at all.
They have good lives that they otherwise might not have had.

I'm sorry Ulrike :'(

Run free little Marvin :-*

Hey don't feel guilty about Mabel. You've tried & tried again to get rescue pigs. If you hadn't got her Milka would have been lonely now. Don't think about giving up. Just chill for a bit. That cage is a palace for 2 pigs. I would be happy to give you one of my rescue boys to get neutered - but its prob too early days yet.

H78

thank you all so much for your kind words!
a055.gif

We give a piece of ourselves to our precious pets and when they leave us they take it with them to make them feel safe on their journey. Marvin will always be with you ... because he gave a little of himself to you too.

that is so beautiful..
d015.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back