• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mass in Jaw the sequal

Gail Lambert

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Some weeks ago I took my piggie to the vet and was told.he had a mass on the jaw..i did not go a ton on the attitude as they felt he should probably be put down. I thought well we dont know what is wrong?
I went to another vet who tried anti biotics, also had him wormed (1/2 tablet). I syringe fed him. He looked dreadful but picked up. His 700g weight went up to 835g. He seemed pretty happy. Loved his food.
Ive given him the other half tablet a bit later than the month i was suppossed to I admit. That was Sat.
From Thurs he has looked dreadful and started losing weight again having sustained his own weight whilst we were waiting for a delivery of liquid food mix. Now he is looking dreadful.
We have not been able to collect urine or do a liitle.blood check.on the ear to check for diabetes.
The vet couldnt see any issue on the jaw.
Back to the vet.
Really upset and confused.
Any thoughts or advice

Some weeks ago I took my piggie to the vet and was told.he had a mass on the jaw..i did not go a ton on the attitude as they felt he should probably be put down. I thought well we dont know what is wrong?
I went to another vet who tried anti biotics, also had him wormed (1/2 tablet). I syringe fed him. He looked dreadful but picked up. His 700g weight went up to 835g. He seemed pretty happy. Loved his food.
Ive given him the other half tablet a bit later than the month i was suppossed to I admit. That was Sat.
From Thurs he has looked dreadful and started losing weight again having sustained his own weight whilst we were waiting for a delivery of liquid food mix. Now he is looking dreadful.
We have not been able to collect urine or do a liitle.blood check.on the ear to check for diabetes.
The vet couldnt see any issue on the jaw.
Back to the vet.
Really upset and confused.
Any thoughts or advice

Hi!

I am ever so sorry, but please accept that the symptoms you are reporting are too general and can cover a multitude of very different issues.
Unfortunately it looks that the medication has only slowed down but not cured his underlying problem (whatever it is). It doesn't sound like diabetes.

PS: You can always feed mushed up pellets as a stop gap measure. More bridging and emergency care tips in this guide here: Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

Back