• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

massive amounts of poop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hey all! i need some help. Ive had my lovely girlies a week now and I'm not sure why they are pooping so much. The first couple of days werent so bad, but since its become stupid. I have to do a full cage clearout every night as the place is COVERED in poop. Not just corners, but all over!:(

Is it something I'm doing or should be doing? i had given then some lettuce with their food the first 3/4 days until i read that its bad for them so have stopped that and given them a bit of cucumber, but not today as the pooping has got so bad. What should i be giving them to stop this?

Or are guinea pigs just phrolific poopers? I'm new to them so not sure what to think!:...

oh and they are on a mix/general dry food diet that they were on when i got them - do i need to change to nuggets now? HELP!:{
*edit: the poop isnt runny or anything - just everywhere!*
thanks x

:)) They poop a lot!

Worry when they don't poop. Lots of poop is good. :)

I do a general poop scoop at least once a day.

Pooping is an olympic sport for guinea pigs. You can sell it on ebay if you can be bothered collecting and bagging it! xx

lol...well at least its normal, then i wont worry!

ive just never known anything like it...:o

need to get a little tray and try to litter train them i think!

Pooping is an olympic sport for guinea pigs. You can sell it on ebay if you can be bothered collecting and bagging it! xx

My lot would definitely get the gold! Do people really buy GP poo on E-bay? Wow, I'm going to check that out!

Couldn't resist - can't find it on ebay. Don't think I should get involved with growing cannabis anyway, even as poop supplier!

Hmm yes my boys can poop for England, some days more than others but pretty much a lot of poop either way. I poop scoop twice a day... I say scoop, pick up...

Enjoy ;) hahaha

You could always train your guinea pig to recycle!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CjtztwqonA[/ame]

You could always train your guinea pig to recycle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CjtztwqonA
:)>>> awww thats gross :(|) i thought they only eat certain ones....

lettuces is ok for piggies but not ice burg...
and not to much
piggies can have wide range of veg, but they MUST have veg as vitc is important, there should be list of foods thats ok for the piggies on here somewhere
mine love little gems.
cucumber
uncooked beetroot, not to much
spinage
grapes
melon
broccoli
curly kale
and much more
make sure they have plenty of good hay

didnt know about the piggy poo and cannabis sorry about the very bad spelling..
-c

I love poop picking (weirdly) its so relaxing!, i like collecting it in a take away tub and then shouting to my OH look how much the boys have pooped today! :)) Haha but of course i dont tell this to my non piggieholic friends! :))

:)) mine poop and wee sooooooooo much I was in shock for the first couple of weeks of owning them hehe! Might have to look at flogging it on ebay if I can't find a job before I'm made redundant in March hehe

My Patchy could poop for Great Britain too lol! Within 5 minutes (literally!) of me putting him back in his cage after cleaning it out yesterday, he had done 11 poops!

Mind you - he can also eat for Great Britain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back