• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Matted pooey fur

MyLilPigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
When I picked up my Scruff today to have a cuddle I noticed that She had three clumps of pooey matted hair on the underside of her tummy, lower back and bum. I Washed them with warm water with cotton wool then snipped off the matted clumps of pooey hair without touching her skin and now she seems fine but I was just wondering if that would mean she wouldn’t have been cleaning herself properly thanks 🙏 (the photo is before we had done anything) I would really appreciate someone replying as I am worried about her. Thanks again 😊

Attachments

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
When I picked up my Scruff today to have a cuddle I noticed that She had three clumps of pooey matted hair on the underside of her tummy, lower back and bum. I Washed them with warm water with cotton wool then snipped off the matted clumps of pooey hair without touching her skin and now she seems fine but I was just wondering if that would mean she wouldn’t have been cleaning herself properly thanks 🙏 (the photo is before we had done anything) I would really appreciate someone replying as I am worried about her. Thanks again 😊
Hi!

If you are worried, please have her vet checked. Especially when she has more issues of that sort.