• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Maurice has a ? lump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Maurice likes his nose rubbed like inbetween his eyes and when Ive done this previously it felt like there was a lump but felt more like bone but tonight it feels like its moving and he seems to dislike it being touched or examined :(

as most of you will know I am more than a little apprehensive of going back to our vets after Jules but I wondered if anyone could shed any light - or if this is just a normal part of their body?

I am however going to make an appointment at the vets for Wednesday when I am off work

Thanks muchly guys and gals x

that's Maurice booked in for appointment at vet on Wednesday morning - he wont be getting a long lie that day and neither will I as we have to be at the vets for half 8 rolleyes - and Gizmo will have to go too otherwise he will wheek the bit down if Mo is away for too long mallethead

Aww I have no idea about the lump.

Just wanted to say hope he gets on ok at the vets x

I always think a lump is worth getting checked out although the majority are harmless. Eliza has one near her right nipple. It feels like a hard pea. I had it checked by the vet who's only concern was that it was near her nipple. Luckily, the vet is more or less convinced that it is a fatty lump or harmless cyst. she said to take Eliza back in a few weeks if the lump grows bigger or changes. 2 weeks later, the lump is still there but isn't causing Eliza any discomfort so we have put it down to a fatty lump or harmless cyst.

Lets hope that Maurice's lump is the same thing. I am sure he will be fine xxxxx

I'm sure he'll be fine but its always good getting these things checked :) One of mine has a pink lump on his greast gland about the size of a pea and I'm sure its a sebaceous cyst as it looks identical to pictures and it doesnt seem to be bothering him but ill check regularly incase it grows

I always think a lump is worth getting checked out although the majority are harmless. Eliza has one near her right nipple. It feels like a hard pea. I had it checked by the vet who's only concern was that it was near her nipple. Luckily, the vet is more or less convinced that it is a fatty lump or harmless cyst. she said to take Eliza back in a few weeks if the lump grows bigger or changes. 2 weeks later, the lump is still there but isn't causing Eliza any discomfort so we have put it down to a fatty lump or harmless cyst.

Lets hope that Maurice's lump is the same thing. I am sure he will be fine xxxxx

Thanks Claire

Glad Eliza is not affected by her lump - did they try and puncture it or anything to see if it had pus or anything in it?

Maurice is fine in himself eating, drinking normally and keeping his beady eyes on Gizmo especially at veggie time rolleyes will keep you posted xx

Thanks Claire

Glad Eliza is not affected by her lump - did they try and puncture it or anything to see if it had pus or anything in it?

Maurice is fine in himself eating, drinking normally and keeping his beady eyes on Gizmo especially at veggie time rolleyes will keep you posted xx

The vet felt and squeezed it and said it didn't feel like it was attached to anything :) It was actually making me feel faint watching the vet squeeze it and rub it between her fingers.

I'm sure he'll be fine but its always good getting these things checked :) One of mine has a pink lump on his greast gland about the size of a pea and I'm sure its a sebaceous cyst as it looks identical to pictures and it doesnt seem to be bothering him but ill check regularly incase it grows

Thanks I am so paranoid about them all and just when the "lump" is between his eyes too - does your piggy bother about the lump he has?x

Vet visit this morning went ok they were all oohing and ahhing over Maurice and Gizmo x)

Maurice has what they think is a sebaceous cyst and have given us Fuciderm cream to rub on it twice daily. The other two options were to leave it alone as its not causing him bother or to hot pack it to see if it would burst as they couldn't find a head on it but that was a big no no

So sounds like Maurice just has a case of teenage spots lol but will try the cream and see how that goes

Thanks to everyone for their lovely good luck messages xx

Ah thats good to hear. One of mine has a sebacecous cyst on his grease gland - I'm just leaving it at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back