• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Max again-anal discharge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Nearly two weeks ago i posted because Max had diarrhea and overnight this developed and by morning he had blood and discharge/mucous. He went straight to the vets, the vet went through the list of possibilities but assured us that it just seemed a bad case of diarrhea possibly due to him having tried a new veg. Max was given a steroid injection and by saturday morning(we found him with the runs on the wednesday evening) he was back to normal. over the past week we have been slowly introducing veg back to him, only things he has always had and only small amounts. He had been putting lots of weight back on and i thought the worries were long over with him. However tonight he has anal discharge again. His poops have all been normal and no diarrhea or blood so far, just this very smelly mucous. I wondered if anyone had ever experienced this and what on earth might be causing it? Sometimes when it leaks from him it does so with the noise of a fart. sorry thats the best way i can describe it! lol He seems bright and happy still which obviously is a good sign. I have gave him a very small amount of critical care with avipro to see if that helps things but would love to hear from anyone that might know whats going on. I will hopefully speak with the vet tomorrow and way also ring the Rodentologist to see if he knows what might be up and what action we should be taking.

Such awful timing, our bunny had an op today and we are having to make sure he is eating and pooping ok and one of our ratties who has an inoperable tumour is having a very bad day:(It always all happens at once and these last two months it just hasnt stopped. I just want my babies to be happy and healthy:(

Status
Not open for further replies.