• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Max - is in the Operating theatre right now.

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Max, was making a squawking sound, although he was still eating and pottering about. He has a stone at his pelvis moving into his urethra, it wasn't an option to leave him the vet is operating on him right now.

Hoping for some good news šŸ™.

Max, was making a squawking sound, although he was still eating and pottering about. He has a stone at his pelvis moving into his urethra, it wasn't an option to leave him the vet is operating on him right now.

Hoping for some good news šŸ™.

Fingers firmly crossed that they can get the stone out before it gets into the urethra!

Fingers crossed all goes well and he comes round okay. And hugs to you.

Hope he will be ok, but well done for spotting his symptoms and getting him to the vets so fast! Paws crossed they can get the stone removed x

Fingers firmly crossed that they can get the stone out before it gets into the urethra!

It's not in a good place if I'm honest because of the pelvis, we are hoping to use a catheter to move the stone back into the Bladder. Once in the bladder the vet is hoping to remove it.

It's just a waiting game, not an option leaving him but worth giving him a chance.

Sorry to hear this Jo, please let us know how your little man gets on, sending you a hug mate and Max so much love and healing vibes x x

Hoping to hear some good news soon. Poor Max, let's hope the vets can manage the operation well

I'm afraid it's bad news, we have to make the decision to let Max go the stone wouldn't budge. The vet did everything he could. I'm glad I gave him the chance, this outcome is far more humane. I just wish I'd have took a moment to say goodbye.

Sometimes, the best decisions are the ones that hurt the most.

Rest well Max.... I didn't think it was your time, however the pain would have been unbearable in the end, me and your buddies will definitely miss you. Sleep well x

It is the last act of love we can show our piggies. Its sad that you couldn't say goodbye properly. Max knew that you loved him and it was kinder to let him go while on the operating table. Sending you lots of love and hugs :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:. Max is out of pain now and popcorning over the Rainbow Bridge. Sleep well Max.

I'm afraid it's bad news, we have to make the decision to let Max go the stone wouldn't budge. The vet did everything he could. I'm glad I gave him the chance, this outcome is far more humane. I just wish I'd have took a moment to say goodbye.

Sometimes, the best decisions are the ones that hurt the most.

Rest well Max.... I didn't think it was your time, however the pain would have been unbearable in the end, me and your buddies will definitely miss you. Sleep well x

You gave him that chance, Jo. And you loved him enough to let him go peacefully under anaesthetic. It was the kindest decision. Big hugs xx

Back