• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Meet Mango

Gemma1286

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Meet my new adopted piggy, Mango. She's 5 years old, sweet as a nut, and has no voice. I was told she wasn't treated well in her first home, and her previous homes she'd lost her companions. We had a 10 hour bonding session yesterday as it took Phoebe a while to settle down, but they all did in the end. No troubles in the cage so far, and even if there is, I will redo the cage so Mango will be the neighbour. It seems like this old girl has gone from home to home and I want this to be her final forever home. 20210331_090746.jpg

Poor Mango having so many homes! Patsy had at least 2 homes before coming here. I thought Patsy had no voice either until she started wick wicking very very quietly a few days ago (I have adopted her 6 months ago). Mango is a gorgeous walking wig! I hope Mango feels settled enough in a few months to start talking. Well done for taking on an old girl. Patsy is an old girl too. It seems not many people want to adopt these oldies but I don't know why they are just so lovely.

Poor Mango having so many homes! Patsy had at least 2 homes before coming here. I thought Patsy had no voice either until she started wick wicking very very quietly a few days ago (I have adopted her 6 months ago). Mango is a gorgeous walking wig! I hope Mango feels settled enough in a few months to start talking. Well done for taking on an old girl. Patsy is an old girl too. It seems not many people want to adopt these oldies but I don't know why they are just so lovely.
Aww poor Patsy, I'm glad she's finally found her voice! I have no idea why people don't want older pigs either, they deserve all the love too. I was shocked at the amount of fluff Mango has! She's been recently trimmed too. Any tips on how to deal with that hair? Especially in the coming warmer months. And am I right in thinking she might be Peruvian?

Aww welcome mango, you are beautiful and I love your name! 🥰

What a lovely pig and so happy she is with you now. No more stress or uprooting for her, just love and stability. She can now start to relax and have a happy time.

It’s so nice if/when they find their voice! After adopting her, Winnie was silent for quite a while and then one day this tiny little voice came out, I think she even surprised herself! It took a while though bless her. 😍 she’s quite assertive now!

Betty on the other hand wasted no time treating the entire street to her fog horn shouting! 🙉

Aw Bless Her! What a beautiful old girl! She looks just like my Posh, a walking pig wig, I’m so glad she has found her forever home now x

Thank you everyone, they've all been out munching together and she seems to be settling in nicely. Love the description of the walking wig! That fits them very well.
Her previous owner said they will take her if there's any problems and find another option, but I can't do that. Though I've been asked to give them updates and photos of her, which I can do.

@Betsy thank you! Your guide will come in handy, its been bookmarked. I'll have a thorough read through.

First of all when I started giving Betsy a haircut (furcut?) she would wander off so I needed someone to help hold her and she would only let me do half of her so she would wander around for a day with a short back and sides on one half and the other half would be long! Take it at Mango's pace if she isn't happy leave her. Start with the bum and skirt trim first so she gets used to it. You don't know if she has had a haircut before and how it was done.

First of all when I started giving Betsy a haircut (furcut?) she would wander off so I needed someone to help hold her and she would only let me do half of her so she would wander around for a day with a short back and sides on one half and the other half would be long! Take it at Mango's pace if she isn't happy leave her. Start with the bum and skirt trim first so she gets used to it. You don't know if she has had a haircut before and how it was done.
Excellent, it will be all done at her pace. How often do you cut yours? And how often do they need brushing? She came with a bag full of tangle teasers and soft bristles brushes, are these ok? Sorry for all the questions! It's a whole new territory.

I cut Betsy's fur whenever she needs it. I give her a bum trim whenever the fur around her bum starts to get a bit tangled and damp from wee. She gets brushed every week at the health check as she doesn't need it more often some piggies need daily growing.

When it gets really hot in the summer is when she gets her grade 4 "bikini bod" look.

Back