• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Meet NOT Willow and Flora!

FurryBabyMama

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
89C08842-3707-4313-8199-FC7D3326727D.jpeg
Turns out Willow and Flora aren’t actually Willow and Flora, cause they have penises. I’m pathetically upset and actually cried. 👍🏻

I had my heart set on having two fluffy little girls called Willow and Flora. And these two were absolutely perfect and fit the picture in my head perfectly. I fell in love instantly.

I can’t even think of any boys names I like. I know it shouldn’t upset me this much but it has. They don’t even look like boys. :(

I think Willow could be boy or girl and I know a guy named Florian if you like that. I started with 2 girls, now I have 3 girls and 3 boys. I actually think the boys are more cuddly, you will love them!

HUGS!

Willow can still be Willow (it is a gender neutral tree after all) and Flora can still be Flora if that is what they are for you!
There ARE sows called George and several boars called Lily...
As far as your piggies are concerned, they have their own identity whatever you call them. :)

If you wish for a more gender appropriate name for Flora and don't like Florent, Florian or Floriano, perhaps another tree name like Rowan might feel better?
But there is no hurry in re-naming. Your piggies are still the same. If you let them, they'll rename themselves with an endearment or nickname anyway! Some name will stick, whether that is the old names or new names.

Please take a deep breath! Your piggies are still the same personalities that you have brought home. They haven't changed one bit. They are still exactly as lovable as they were this morning.
They are going to create their own piggy shaped space in your life that was never going to resemble your ideal dream image, whatever the gender. Piggies take matters in their paws and turn your life upside down until it fits their ideas how your life should be anyway! No matter whether they are girls, boys or one each. :D

PS: I am very glad though that you have two of the same gender and that I am NOT going to see you in the pregnancy section which is a whole different can of worms! Piggy mis-sexing is sadly anything but uncommon.

Last edited:
I am sorry you feel so upset about them being boys. I love boars they have amazing characters which really develop as they age. Hopefully you will feel better in a day or two when you get used to the idea, their names will come to you as well. I had a boar named Willow although it was a bit feminine it seemed to fit him. What about William and Fred? They don't look like boys to you IMG_7180.JPGbecause you thought they were girls, I've a pair who look a bit like them.
Meet Bracken and Rusty.

I know it's so stupid to be upset about it and I have nothing against boars, I just had my heart set on sows for some reason. Even though I absolutely adore my male Syrian hamster (Who happens to be called Fred, so that rules Fred out as a guinea pig name haha)
I'm just a bit shocked. It's sort of typical that this would happen to me and I'm having an emotional few days as it is. I'm sure in a few days I'll realise how dumb it was to get this upset about it. I'm just SO glad they were BOTH mis-sexed. And luckily I already bought two of everything. Two bottles, two bowls, two hideys. and I'm going to make sure I've always got money saved back in case I need to make an emergency 2nd cage buy.
I'm glad I checked their sexes now, instead of noticing two big pairs of testicles a few months down the line. :')

Theyre absolutely cute! It will all look better in the morning (hugs).

Maybe pick some unisex names for them. You could still use Willow in my opinion xx

HUGS!

They are going to create their own piggy shaped space in your life that was never going to resemble your ideal dream image, whatever the gender. Piggies take matters in their paws and turn your life upside down until it fits their ideas how your life should be anyway! No matter whether they are girls, boys or one each. :D

Hahaha, that's okay, I have a baby! Being a mum totally doesn't resemble my ideal dream image of what I thought being a mum would be like so I'm very used to that!

Boars get an unduly bad press. Please don’t be upset. They are still your beautiful lovable piggies even if they are boars and not sows. There are so many fabulously happy well bonded boar pairs on this forum and in people’s homes that there is no reason to suspect that there will be trouble ahead, but you are right to keep a close eye on behaviour and minimising risks of irritation and annoyance between them by having plenty of space and nothing to fight about.
I’m not great at names but I love the idea of William and Fred like @piggieminder has suggested.

I ALWAYS double check my piggies' gender upon arrival even though I stick to adopting from reputable rescues and don't mind travelling for that.

My adult piggy career started with an already pregnant shop sow (which had been haunting my dreams so badly that my exasperated and VERY tired hub went and had her reserved for me) and a companion whose gender even my vets were not sure about (it was another sow in the end) - and all right in the middle of a major emergency in my family!

You bet that I have stuck to rescues with a mandatory quarantine and pregnancy watch since! I don't rue Minx (the shop pregnancy of my dreams); she is still my most special piggy ever, but I have learned my own lesson the hard way. :(

Acorn is a lovely name and one we haven't had yet on the forum as far I as I know! :tu:

.Acorn... that’s lovely. I’ve just caught up with this thread, great name :love:
I have sows now but I still miss my late boar as he certainly had a very big character.
Your piggies are gorgeous & they’ll adore you so it’s big hugs to you, Willow & Acorn :wub:

Back