• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Member Gallery: Hutches

Rabbit Hutch And Run with Solid Base (115x55x116cm)
nice big hutch
4 guinea pigs living in here
purchased off preloved but available at pets at home and many good pet retailers
hutch covers available which i have came with deal of preloved
very easy to clean nice big doors and platic bottom
IMG_3028.jpg

wooden outdoor hutch.

bought from ebay from a man who makes them in his spare time.

measures 84" x 22".

houses 2 sows at the moment, soon to be joined by a neutered boar.

142.jpg

269.jpg

split half and half, a bed area and a run area, we are picking up a 2nd one of the same dimensions in 3 weeks, which we are joining onto the end of this one to make a 14ft long hutch, the new hutch will be completely wire fronted and will have lots of tunnels and stuff for them to play around so more of a covered run than a hutch.

my husband put it up on legs for me as it didnt come with any, its made so i can easily clean them out without causing pain in my joints as i suffer with inflamation of all my joints which makes bending and crouching painful. the height this is at now with the fully opening lid makes this more of a giant table that i can easily catch them in and clean out using a dust pan and brush.

i love this hutch, its so easy to keep clean and have access into. the size is brilliant too. my girls love it, and I'm planning on extending it just in time for when the boar joins them.

kelspiggies That is a really great space for your lucky piggies I really love seeing large homes for any animal that are caged be it Rabbit, hamsters and especially our Guinea pigs.

I look forward to seeing the 7 foot extention added too.

Could you post a link to the person who made you this hutch please?

Many thanks Paula :)p

thank you, i love to give my pets the best we can afford/fit in. i will post pics of the full set-up when we are done with it. i know the 1 hutch is enough for them, but as i have to have it off the floor on legs, and i dont like ramps, i figured we would order another one from him and use it as a covered run so they still have space to stretch their legs in poor weather.

:) i would link to him, however he no longer advertises them on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110592466110&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 this was his advert, though not sure if it will show up, if it does you need to scroll down to see the actual advert. i think hes been selling them for a while now.

the only things we felt we needed to do to the hutch was we fixed lengths of plastic corner stuff from b&q into all the corners, partially to make sure there were no draughts, and also to make cleaning out easier as the shavings couldnt escape into the gaps. in total this hutch cost us £85, for the hutch, legs, and the plastic bits inside. bargain i think :) it came ready stained, felted, and the floor in it is 1" thick wood so very very sturdy. the only thing i would possibly change is making the wire front section an opening door for putting food etc in, but the lid is very easily opened so it isnt a big issue :)

yes, you're not far from me either :) we are kind of between scunthorpe, gainsborough and lincoln :) being a short drive from him really sold it for us but i think now ive seen it and own one id drive further to get one :)) i recommend it aswell, i think its probably the best hutch around for the price, i was a little concerned with how small the wire section is, i thought it may be a bit dark in there, but it just looks that way because the whole hutch is huge. we were going to buy 2 at the same time but we ran out of money so had to wait. cant wait to get the 2nd one now :))

finally have photos of the complete hutch with the tunnel in situ.

Wooden hutch, 5' x 3' x (I think) 4' high - ish

brought second hand and I spruced it up, re-felted it and fitted my own ramp plus a new floor upstairs over existing one as the ramp hole was far too big and in my opinion dangerous, plus it took space away from upstairs so the hole is only the size of the tunnel.

5666420005_81566e965a.jpg

all closed up, currently fleece covering part of the front wire downstairs as all 4 are skittish so this helps to make them feel safe plus it blocks the view of them from my dog (which is the most important thing at the moment). I put the bolts on the bottom section,hook and eyes on the top which you cant see.
5666409415_ee7caef5ba.jpg

downstairs, features two hay racks, has three food bowls (two were in the run at the time), one water bottle and two hides but two others get put in the run. Bedding is shreaded paper, its like toilet paper and is very easy to keep clean as I remove any wet clumps daily, major clean out once a week, newspaper lined underneath.
5667001008_6c4711b3c7.jpg

upstairs, features one hay rack on the wall and an old dog muzzle attached to front door as a "spare" should they eat all the hay in one day. Two corner litter trays and a cat litter box at the back which does keep the wetness down a fair bit. Fleece lined with towels underneath and newspaper under that. I spot clean each day, fully clean out once a week but keep a check on the towels and will change as soon as they are wet which can be 2/3 days a time. In the bedroom the corner litter tray is popular as a bed - I dont mind at all, and there is always plenty of beds or tunnel hides in there with them - basically enough for each pig to sleep in or if they want to share they also can.
5666438865_b321930041.jpg

*note tarpauling is pulled down in rainy days and propped up to prevent rain getting in the front, I will be making my own purpose built rain shield to my specified design soon.

and the run currently is two joined securely together to give 9' x 2.5' space, this is moved around the garden when the grass is a lot shorter in the run, shade is always provided depending on position of run
5666387887_0d0013e670.jpg

* note there is a puppy pen around the front of the run (usually cover the back section but the sun would shine in the front so this is why its moved position. Fencing round the hutch and the run is because I have one of these
5666363509_d5b2d1e47d.jpg

although she is NOT allowed out when the piggies are in the run - see the not great body language of her stalking an empty run, apologies for the blurry image.

Technically I have a hutch, inside the shed/area they live. :-)

Here it is -
ThePiggiesnewhome.jpg

This is a few days after I first had the pigs, so a lot has changed (Lots of new toys, and I now have another food bowl to prevent bickering...). Plus, I change the toys around every day, to enrichen their quality of life and keep them interested. :))

The space they have is 4ftx4ft, and the reason I have a hutch is to provide a sheltered area for them to go and rest, or if they get scared, it provides a safety area. :)

I got this hutch from a local pet shop (and it came with a mesh door, but that was removed as I didn't need it for what it was brought to do.
The make it "The Hutch Company".
It is not easy to clean, as the disinfectant spray goes into the wood, and is hard to wipe off, so I have to layer the floor with newspaper, bedding and hay.
It cost £20, for such a small size! But it was the only one around we could find in that size, as I didn't require a larger size for it's purpose.
I wouldn't recommend this hutch, but it does serve it's purpose. Although, if you were wanting to buy a hutch for them to live outside in, with not extension area (like I have), I would strongly recommend not to buy this hutch, as it is too, too, too small.

I'm hoping to expand their home soon, by adding another level on top of the hutch. When I do, I'll add pictures so you guys can see! xx>>> x

Side-by-side hutch for grumpy piggies

Have just got a new hutch for teenage asbo piggies which I wanted to share.
They did injure one another so had to be separated but I wanted them to be able to chat.:) as per forum advice too...

The hutch is timber with mesh and solid doors and a mesh divider.
It was custom made for me by Dawson's Animal Housing near Harrogate.
It is over 6ft long and pretty deep with 2 bedrooms and 2 run areas - they also have a generous run in the garden for lawn time.
The mesh divider can be removed if they settle down in the future.
Obviously, it would be better if they could both have the whole space but the injuries meant that was not possible:( at the moment. Thought it might be useful for people with separated piggies to see :)

Here are pics - if I manage the links:)
SudokuandCheeky-hutch003.jpg

SudokuandCheeky-hutch002.jpg

SudokuandCheeky-hutch004.jpg

All 4 of my hutches:

rcj80l.jpg

Top 4ft single hutch houses: 2 6/7 week old boars (rocket and casper).
4 Ft double hutch houses: 1 1.5 year old boar & a 10 week old boar (gilly and leo).
5ft hutch houses: 2 4 month old boars (alvin and theo).
Bottom 4ft hutch will shortly house 2 6 week old boars (ollie and niko).

I forget the demensions, but I made this hutch, it's gonna have two piggies living in it by the end of the summer. I lined it with some corrogated plastic, so it's easier to wipe down, but it's not in the picture.

022.jpg

023.jpg

(second image is a little blurry, i forgot to focus my camera.mallethead)

hutches

hi guys, we have just got two male Piggy's for our family, i have brought a double decker hutch form " bunny business" and it is great, although having read about the problems with the ramp, now my concern is that my lower level goes onto the grass i thought it would be nice for them to have a nibble on the grass, but all the other double Decker's you guys have a floor in the lower level have i made a accommodation blunder!?

hi guys, we have just got two male Piggy's for our family, i have brought a double decker hutch form " bunny business" and it is great, although having read about the problems with the ramp, now my concern is that my lower level goes onto the grass i thought it would be nice for them to have a nibble on the grass, but all the other double Decker's you guys have a floor in the lower level have i made a accommodation blunder!?

I would move it onto pavement incase something tries to dig in to be honest.

HUTCH UPDATE ~~~~~~

1op2zt.jpg

Piggy towers! lol
It's all stable and safe don't worry, theres wood and bricks supporting it so it does not fall forwards.

We thought it would be better up top, easier to pick the piggies up and to clean the hutch out :).

Also, it looks quite high up but it's actually not.. it stands level to my head when I stand in front of it.

Last edited:
Back