• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Members' Recommended Vets

After Rebel's castration, if you're looking for a cavy savvy vet in West Cumbria, you can't get better than Millcroft surgery. I can't sing their praises highly enough. If anyone is after getting their boys done, their standard of work is excellent and Vicki Temple is a fantastic exotics vet. ;)

Millcroft Veterinary Group

Guinea pig vet in Norfolk

I would like to get my 3 year old boar castrated and try bonding him with my sow. Please can anyone recommend a vet in Norfolk who is experienced at guinea pig castration?
Many thanks!
Sophie

Does anyone know a vet near reading that looks at back teeth without general anethetic because my piggie had one last week but our vet had to stop filing when an abcess burst and my piggie still can't eat!?

I'm in the East midlands, Derby, and I was asking this question too after an unhappy experience with my local vets. I contacted Avalon Guinea Pig Rescue (Nottingham) and was told they use: James and John at Dove Vets, Derby Road, Stapleford. Tel:0115 9399010. Apparently, they know all about piggies, and care about them too - worth a try. xx

Re: Vets in East Midlands

Anyone know of any good vets in the East Midlands area?

I'm in the East midlands, Derby, and I was asking this question too after an unhappy experience with my local vets. I contacted Avalon Guinea Pig Rescue (Nottingham) and was told they use: James and John at Dove Vets, Derby Road, Stapleford. Tel:0115 9399010. Apparently, they know all about piggies, and care about them too - worth a try. xx

It may be a bit far for you, but All Creatures Healthcare north of Norwich were brilliannt and have tried to get all their staff extra training and qualifications for exotics. They sorted BrownPigs abscess after Chapelfield vets fobbed me off with a nurse appointment, and it was clear ACH knew what they were doing in terms of handling/ treating small piggums.

I know you replied to someone else, but thank you for this information. We live in Bury St Edmunds - if anyone knows anyone close (Ipswich/Colchester/Thetford/Cambridge etc) then let me know, but I will store these details in case we need to use them for our piggies :)

UPDATE - Scott Crichton has moved in Edinburgh

Scott Crichton, formerly of Thistle Vets of Clovenstone and Chesser, Edinburgh has recently moved. His details are as below.

Scott Crichton

Vets4Pets, Davidsons Mains

Practice Telephone: 0131 312 7759

Opening Hours:
8.30am to 7.00pm Mon to Fri
9.00am to 12.00pm Sat

Address: 75/77 Main Street, Davidsons Mains, Edinburgh, EH4 5AD

Outside of these hours, please phone the practice telephone number for details of our 24 hour emergency service cover.

http://www.vets4pets.com/find-a-practice/vets4pets-davidsons-mains/meet-the-team/

Can you recommend a good vet in Merseyside/**

Hello can you recommend a vet who is experienced in neutering, we have just found out two of our 'boy' guinea pigs are pregnant so we need to have the real boy seen to, so it doesn't happen again !:{

Hi a friend of mine would like to know if anybody Can anyone recommend a Vet for possible dental work in the Stockport Manchester aria

Hello can you recommend a vet who is experienced in neutering, we have just found out two of our 'boy' guinea pigs are pregnant so we need to have the real boy seen to, so it doesn't happen again !:{

Andale Veterinary Centre, Ditchfield Road, Widnes, Cheshire WA8 8RF
Tel 0151- 423-1388

http://www.andalevets.co.uk/

asked the John Dinsdale or Michelle Lawrence

ALAN HUMPHRIES, village vets, Broad Green, Liverpool. 0151 428 8600

Very cavy savvy.

Sandhole vets in Snodland comes highly recommended by me! I was sent there as a referral by my own vet. My poor girlie piggie has had two stones removed since October. This is their website - http://www.sandholevets.com/

Monica and Kate are the cavy savy crew. I have seen Monica twice who has flushed stones from my Ginnie's kidney and also urether. This Saturday I shall be seeing Kate for a post op check and to chat about Ginnie's cystic ovaries. Wish us luck xx

I don't know if this has been suggested but I have been going to the Drybridge Veterinary Clinic in Monmouth for many years, I know it's a bit of a drive from here in Abergavenny, but believe me it's worth it, they are absolutely wonderful!

(I had to stop going to my 2 local vets, one for neglect on a cat my sister had, and the other vets are more interested in money than the actual welfare of the animal, and I was recommended Drybridge. )

Their website: http://www.drybridgevets.co.uk/
Their Phone number: 01600 712206

If you are in this area, please go check them out, you won't regret it I promise!

Hi, I wonder if anyone can recommend a vets around or within reasonable driving distance of the Sandwell area of the west midlands? Previously used one which has treated Minnie (would estimate she is now about age 5) 3x this year with baytril for recurring wheezing problems. Am keeping heating up, have put extra hay in pig loos, she is eating and gently nipping ok as usual but her wheezing is so horrible to hear and her fur is on/off fluffed up. Would really like to try another vets as feel all the normal one will do is suggest a further course of the same antibiotic which doesn't seem to be doing anything and do not want her to be in pain or struggling to breathe.
Any suggestions? Thanks :-)

Forgot to say am going to try ringing manor vets today, as their site states they deal with exotic species and indicates guinea pigs are one of these. Maybe someone here has used them and can advise if they feel able to do a more thorough check up than my normal vets?

*cannot figure out how to use private messaging to ask people previously requesting for this area earlier in thread*

Ask to see Marie at Manor vets, as recommended by one of the rescues in the area.

Suzy x

Back