• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Members' Recommended Vets

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
For current recommendations, please see our constantly updated UK vet locator on the top bar or find it via this link: Recommended Guinea Pig Vets

Members from other countries can find recommendations via this link here (courtesy of Guinea Lynx website): Veterinarians - The GLX-Files

(The moderators)

Recommended Vets

Roger Harrison at Bath Veterinary Centre, Bath - www.bathveterinarycentre.co.uk

Strathmore Vets in Andover, Hampshire. (Michelle and John)

Ken Robinson at Rose Cottage Veterinary Centre - Sutton Weaver, Runcorn, Cheshire.

Avonvale Vets in Warwick (Paula Bailey) - Avonvale - Equine veterinary practice in Banbury, Oxfordshire

Companion Care, Portsmouth (Ask for Macki)

Daniel and Associates in Bridgwater

Strensall - Battle Flats Veterinary Clinic

All Creatures Veterinary Clinic
51 Windsor Drive
Orpington
Kent
BR6 6EY
01689 856220

If you know of a good vet, please send me a personal message or email me at [email protected] and I will add your vet onto this list.

Thanks to Lucinda for this idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also now been to Roger's partner Anna at the same practice and she is fab too!

Can any one recommend a very good vet in Milton Keynes? The vet I use I have had no problem with, but I was just wondering if any one else was happy with their vet.
Cheers
Carol x

I can recommend Cristabel who is the main vet at Twickenham Veterinary Surgery, Hampton Road, Twickenham. They care for all the piggies who come in to the care of ARC.

James Brooks: Active Vetcare Tilehurst, CCT trained and an excellent surgeon, CCT refer people to him so they don't have to drive to Cambridge
Jenny Towers: as above, loves guineas and like James can do teeth and x-rays without anaesthetic. People travel long distances to see these two.

Question.

I just found a vet very near to where we live (10 to 15 minutes with the car) who says on his website:

Small animal operations occur on Friday morning for routine surgery,
and we are lucky to have a good relationship with Battleflats clinic -
if we feel a referral is more appropriate.

now in your list it recommends this Clinic - who on here has got experiences with them? I really want to find a new vet before it is necessary, dont want to end up in a situation similar to the recent disaster :(
It sounds good to me anyway, that those vets (http://www.stationhousevets.com) would refer you to someone else, instead of just not telling you they dont have a clue so that they dont look incompetent...

How good is that Clinic, and how are their prices?

I'm in South Yorkshire, Anyone know of a good vet? Esp for a neutering

I have used Gamston Veterinary Centre (now Pets4Vets) for years and i have had 100% success rate with them.

They are in Nottingham

SkinnyLover said:
I'm in South Yorkshire, Anyone know of a good vet? Esp for a neutering

I'm not sure about pigs, but if you're any where near Wickersley then there is Springfield Veternary Centre, but I've never been there for pigs, but I do know they see them. Sorry I'm not much help. Their details are:

127 Bawtry Rd
Wickersley
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
S66 2BW
01709 532262

My two have just been neutered at Alfreton Park Animal Hospital. They have more than one registered rodentologists. The care mine received - and Scruffy when she had a bad cold - was excellent. They did full health checks before they had their ops and they picked up on Jake's skin condition flaring up again. With the two ops, antibiotics, rehydrating drink and liquid diet for Jake my bill was £110 which I was quite happy with. The vet nurses know their stuff too.

Alfreton Park Animal Hospital
Watchorn Road
Alfreton
Derbyshire

Tel: 01773 832218

I used to take mine to:

Sherwood Veterinary Group
297 Staines Rd Wst,
Ashford,
Middlesex
TW15 1RS
Tel: 01932 779979

There was a really great vet there called Max, i forget his last name and will ask other half later on. He was sooooo good with my bunny when we used to take him. It's a rench changing vets as he was great and i knew he was. We've now moved a good 1/2 drive away so have been forced to find a new vet. The new ones seem ok, but i still miss my old one. Sherwood seems to be more expensive then my current one, but i've only got the two to compare so cant really say much else on that.

Thanks for that jane, its about 20 miles from me but anywheres gotta be better than my vets

question.

one of the rodentologists that vedra recommends is from nottingham, I only have her telephone number left though... anyone got her name? just thought, we have quite a few nottingham people here, so you might know..?

Back