• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Merab's Herd

Some Jemimah spam.
My cute teddy girl has been losing weight despite eating well, weeing and pooping well and behaving perfectly normally.
Something was amiss but nothing I could put my finger on, so yesterday we went to the vet.
Not a good diagnosis- she has a mass in her abdomen, highly likely attached to her intest and kidney.
The best way forward given her age and the high risk / trauma of surgery is to keep a careful eye on her. Give her high calorie treats to help keep weight up and give her lots of happy ‘todays’.
The vet will give me painkillers if she needs them otherwise we wait until her quality of life diminishes to the point I need to let her go.
The grieving has started for my cute teddy.
I don't know how I missed this post. I am so very sad to read this news about Jemimah. I'm sure you will make her every day the best a piggy could have. Gentle hugs for you both. xx

Jemimah hopes that Ted is enjoying his holiday and that his mouth is feeling better.
She is feeling ok but there’s not as much of her as there used to be.
She says that she hopes her favourite handsome boar is being spoilt like she is.💋💋💋
💓 💓 💋 💋 💋 :wub: 💓 💋 :wub: :wub: 💕💕
Ted says don’t worry Jemimah about the weight just enjoy yourself, I’m a shadow of my former self too, but we are both just as gorgeous as ever! 💕❤️😍🥰😘😘💕❤️

Best wishes to Jemimah. She is a beautiful girl and well loved.

How old is she just so I get an idea when they show signs of age?
My boy Finn will be 3 soon.

Ted says don’t worry Jemimah about the weight just enjoy yourself, I’m a shadow of my former self too, but we are both just as gorgeous as ever! 💕😍🥰😘😘💕
So true - Jemimah says she hopes you manage to get your weight back handsome boy.
She knows she’s still gorgeous- lovely thick teddy fur, but not quite such a big bum now.
💓 :wub: 💓 💋 💋💋🥰

Jemimah’s weight was the same today as on Saturday so that’s good.
We had a nice cuddle today as she sat in my lap and munched her way through a whole baby corn.
She’s allowed these special treats now to help her maintain weight as long as possible.
Hope beautiful Jemimah enjoyed her corn, Jess said she loves them too and they’re great to keep a little weight on her teeny bottom as well at her age :D Lots of love to Jemimah from us lot x

Jemimah is 5 years and 2 months. She’s the only one whose age I know as I have a birth certificate for her.
I named myself Seven7 because that was the year my boy Finn was born in 2017. He was born between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I still don't really know the true age of Lara as she was given to me by a friend.

I really will have to have a serious chat with the herd about the concept of truth telling.
I arrived back from the hospital earlier than anticipated to see hungry piggy faces at the bars so I gave them their midday snack of herbs.

A few minutes later my husband came down and said as he wasn't expecting me back so soon he'd given the piggies their midday snack!

There was no evidence of either snack in the cage and Micah was soon back at the bars pleading starvation (all 1430g of him!)

I really will have to have a serious chat with the herd about the concept of truth telling.
I arrived back from the hospital earlier than anticipated to see hungry piggy faces at the bars so I gave them their midday snack of herbs.

A few minutes later my husband came down and said as he wasn't expecting me back so soon he'd given the piggies their midday snack!

There was no evidence of either snack in the cage and Micah was soon back at the bars pleading starvation (all 1430g of him!)
Well a big healthy lad needs plenty of snacks to keep his handsome good looks you know 😋

Haha you’ve been had 🤣🤣 those innocent faces eh

It’s hard to believe that it will soon be a year when we had an unplanned addiction to the family.
Heart over-ruled head when I came across little Micah, bullied badly as a baby and condemned to a life of solitude.
4840D45A-F661-4F4A-9B6D-98FFD9B43367.jpeg4B8152C8-7DD1-4C34-BE48-6EF2E208189C.jpeg28E0010A-C3D6-4EF7-B4F6-D63AAF2399F7.jpeg

900g of pathetic, frightened guinea pig, only 12 weeks old, supposedly.
He was neutered, followed by an op for a scrotal abscess, moved house and finally got to move in with my 3 sows.

He is now a very happy, lively and absolutely adorable hunk of piggy.

C3B14656-A913-4641-9C2C-AFC5D3BE14E1.jpegC0665FF5-9EFF-49C9-8CEA-48700390F4BB.jpegA33FC3B4-5CA1-4B3C-8151-7DE617FD253F.jpeg

It’s hard to believe that it will soon be a year when we had an unplanned addiction to the family.
Heart over-ruled head when I came across little Micah, bullied badly as a baby and condemned to a life of solitude.
View attachment 144580View attachment 144581View attachment 144582

900g of pathetic, frightened guinea pig, only 12 weeks old, supposedly.
He was neutered, followed by an op for a scrotal abscess, moved house and finally got to move in with my 3 sows.

He is now a very happy, lively and absolutely adorable hunk of piggy.

View attachment 144583View attachment 144584View attachment 144585
It’s either a slip of the finger, autocorrect or a Freudian slip but ‘addiction’ should be ‘addition’!

Back