• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Messing up cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I cleaned Sooty's cage the other day and ever since he just seems to keep messing it up. He keeps moving his toilet tipping his food bowl over and stuff. Anyway I can stop him making such a mess?

Well, in my opinion, an animal is gonna make a mess no matter what. But I would get a heavier ceramic food bowl so its not knocked over. Anyone else have ideas? :o

They will find other ways of making a mess.

Marvin for example LOVES to burrow through the petbedding until he finds the newspaper, then he will pull the paper up as far as he can, and either eat it or just shred it and leave it lying around.

Foodbowls - I found those really heavy grey bowls the most effective. they are the only thing that works for me - Milka can move wooden logs up with her head :o

The bowl fits into the side of the zoozone so I don't know how he's tipping that up

I agree with another food bowl, mine have the ones that clip on to the side of the run or cage and i just fill it from the top, its got tiny holes in the bottom so all the dust falls through, i brought them on ebay but have seen them in shops, they are called gravity bin feeders by super pet, or if not a heavy ceramic one might help as already suggested,
as for the rest of the mess thats what animals do best to be honest mine like to burrow under their fresh hay and pull the newspaper up and make it messy, seems tidy is'nt good enough, luckly mine are all in sheds so the mess does'nt matter and gives me an excuse to go out to them,

I've just left him to do his own thing and he's left the food bowl now.. Just the toilet he seems to keep moving

well maybe you could just find him something really interesting to play with - the toilet moving reminds me of ours who make a sport out of moving their houses around. Kind of like a turtle, all of a sudden you see the whole house change direction...

since we have drainpipe-bits in the cage they leave the big houses alone and only move and play with the pipes.

do you think your piggie could just be bored?

Dunno he hides behind it
He gets let each day with Misty and they've get a few things to run through

Have you considered just taking the toilet out?

My rabbit hated those plastic corner things... he will neatly make into a single corner of his cage, but not if this THING is in there.
Maybe your piggie is annoyed by it and just wants it out of the way? If your piggies are trained to go in this corner of the cage, (which I find incredible, mine just pee and poo wherever they lie and walk) then its not going to be that much more work to just spotclean it with a little shovel/dustpan. and he wont throw dirty bedding around all the time.

I have big heavy ceramic bowls but they still get food over the floor. i have one neat pig who poops in one corner but the others do it where they stand. They all eat news paper and generally trash the joint! I don't know that you can stop them but you may find cleaning up the poops and bits of chucked out food mix everyday makes it look nicer and is kind to their feet. You can but a bit of extra bedding in when you do this and a fresh layer of hay and the cage doesn't look such a tip anymore!

He's now started [eeing over his food again
He done that when we got him but stopped after 2 weeks but now he's started again
Thing he's going back the way ?

Try moving the bowl in the middle of the cage instead of the edges, most piggys pee mostly in corners. Also how high is your bowl? Ceramic?

It's just his fresh food he pees in
He takes some of it out pees on it and leaves it

Just try taking out the bits he leaves straight away... or putting it in a dish or on a kabob skewer or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back