• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Midwest Cage The Best Way To Set It Up?

Gizmosis

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm wondering if it's easier to do fleece or bedding or a combination of both I really can't choose I don't like washing the fleece too much cuz I'm grossed out by the urine and the bedding is a pain in the butt is there another alternative that I'm not knowing about LOL how does everybody set up their cages? Also do I have to have a Hide. Where can I take it out certain times of the day my guinea pig sing way more friendly without it and the only reason I know is because during introductions I took the Hidey away so he couldn't bully the little one... any and all information needed as well as photos if possible

This is the set up I've had it numerous different ways with and without hides I have so many different products I don't know what I like best. Lol

20180323_103212.jpg

Piggies really need hideys so that they feel safe and not exposed. Try not to have any with only one entrance. Fleece tunnels are good as are small step stools so that piggies can escape from all four sides. A simple box with a door cut in each side is fine or paper bag stuffed with hay.

Loving the set up just needs a few hideys for your piggies. Here is my outdoor run with a few of my hideys. I have loads and change them around so that it keeps my piggies stimulated.

Inpsired!.JPG Piggy run.JPG Breakfast.JPG Piggies inside.JPG Piggy Playground.JPG

Problem is I have every hide you can think of and i Even cut boxes for them problem is the pee all over everything its really gross lol and big guys keeps cornering little one in hides... can't find any with 2 exits besides fleece but they pee all over those errrrd

Problem is I have every hide you can think of and i Even cut boxes for them problem is the pee all over everything its really gross lol and big guys keeps cornering little one in hides... can't find any with 2 exits besides fleece but they pee all over those errrrd

Guinea pigs will do that as its one of the things that come with the whole piggy package. the easy thing about cardboard is that you can pop it in the recycling bin once its been used up and there is always more around to use again.

:agr: I wash all fleece hideys and pee pads every few days on a wash bag at 60 degrees. Then pop vinegar in a 15 min quick wash instead of detergent with nothing in the machine to clean it. It just becomes part of the routine of keeping these lovely and cute fluffy potatoes.

so does the vinegar kill the germs?
:agr: I wash all fleece hideys and pee pads every few days on a wash bag at 60 degrees. Then pop vinegar in a 15 min quick wash instead of detergent with nothing in the machine to clean it. It just becomes part of the routine of keeping these lovely and cute fluffy potatoes.

I personally like using those wooden stick tunnels for hideys because the pigs can still do laps but they also like sleeping under them. I take the hideys out sometimes when I am sitting by the cage/sittig in the floortime run with them having some one on one bonding. I have some Midwests for when we travel to my parents house and I use fleece because most other bedding seems to make me sneeze (I have lots of allergies lol). I find it’s the most convenient for me, but it’s personal choice I suppose :)

Back