• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

missing eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hello

my little boy nelson only has one eye, the other was missing when we bought him home (he came from P@H adoption) it doesnt bother him at all but it doesnt appear to be sealing together if that makes sense? its clean just wondered if anyone knew how long it should take to heal?

going to phone the vet at lunch.

phonedec2010567.jpg

sorry dont have any better pics on the computer.

Last edited:
Was it removed surgically?
It took Bailey about 4-5 weeks for it to heal fully, but she ended up with an infection in the socket which made the healing take alot longer. She had dissolvable stitches, and staples that were removed about 2 weeks after the op.

Nelson is adorable, by the way. Love the name!

i'm not sure they tried to tell me it was there one day gone the next so i dont know what happened :( there is nothing there but when i move it to check its clean you can still pull the lids apart and there is a hole there :( i've had him nearly two weeks. not sure whether to take him back to p@h or to my vet.

he is cute and he know's it :)) thanks he was already named

I'd reccommend taking him to the vet...they should be able to check the socket isn't infected and maybe even stitch it up to help the healing process :) Best just to check everything is ok! :)

Please take him to the vet and have him checked out. Do not take him back to p'h!

This sounds strange....an eye just doesn't disappear. If an eye becomes infected and not treated then this can happen after some time. Maybe some fibs from p@h.

Definitely the right decision to go to the vets

Let us know how you get on :)

thanks guys :) i shall phone the vet at lunch, will let you know, it doesnt look infected i keep cleaning it.

i know they lied but i thought he's better off with me than left there at least i kind of know what I'm doing.

ok phoned my vet, she said (dont think it was the vet) to leave it and take him in if it starts oozing or if he goes off his food etc. and as its a small animal it should heal itself.

so phoned penrose and partners as recommended by someone on here, and they said to bring him in and the vet will see him, so he is going in tomorrow at 10.40 just have to find the place lol. will let you know

ok he is fine :) there is no eye or anything there at all and no infection which is good he said he doesnt think there will be an infection but you never know so just to keep an eye on it :) and he's completely healthy apart from that just needs to gain some weight bless him, i feel better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back