• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Misty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My beautiful girl Misty passed from us last night at about 1am aged 5 yrs 7 months. We initially got her with Chloe from the pets at home shop. She was so shy and frightened of us, she wouldn't be picked up by any of us. Chloe was definitely the confident one of the pair. Misty would scream like billyo when she was picked up out of the run. She and Chloe were the absolute opposites in every sense of the word. When Chloe died 12 months later Misty stopped eating. She grieved terribly and in the end we brought her into the house to be with us. After that, she never looked back and her true character came out and shone through. Over the next 4 years she would become the most vocal and loving guinea pig we've ever had. Squeaking at the top of her lungs when it was dinner time, so much we could hear her from upstairs. She loved her hay and her carrots. She was also very amusing at times, she would only eat white chocolate treats, not the milk chocolate. She would still show signs of her previous life now and again when she would be out in the run and still squeal a bit. She would chew on the bars of the cage on a morning and evening until she got her treat. Very demanding guinea at times. She never had a guinea companion again but she always had us, and she knew it. She would sit and be cuddled for hours, always giving the love right back with plenty of facial kisses. As she got older her weight started falling off but her character never left her. Over the last few days she was always there, on the top shelf of her cage, squeaking away and chattering away, waiting by her food bowl for tea time. Eating, drinking and definitely acting normally. Yesterday she seemed very out of character, very quiet and her breathing got very bad about 10pm. She was gasping for breath. We brought her upstairs and put her on the floor with us, she ran about as normal, like nothing was wrong, she ate a couple of dandelion leaves from us. Her breathing seemed to be getting a little easier. As time wore on she was getting weaker and weaker. By 12:30 I had her in my arms and listened to her laboured breathing. I thought she would leave us there and then. She appeared to perk up a little, she was looking round and even managed a small kiss on my chin. I put her back in her cage temporarily to get a duvet. Came back and she was running in her cage but then she fell over. I went to pick her up again and she gave a little shake and one last breath and died in my arms. I don't know what happened to her, I suspect a heart attack in the end but I guess we'll never know. The house feels very empty without her and we are completely lost without her squeaking and her noise in the house. We will miss her terribly, the space where her cage was doesn't look right in the house. Its not fair.....but we know she is with Chloe again over the bridge and all the others that have left us before. Will miss you terribly my big girl, its not fair what happened to you at the end and the guilt I feel will never leave me, it never does. Be good over the bridge, take good care of everyone, we will always love you and never forget you. Until we meet again.....x

So very sorry, that bought a tear to my eye. She sounded such a wonderful girl. Remember the love you shared between you.

RIP Misty

x x x

I am so sorry that your special girl couldn't stay with you any longer! You must miss her so much!

That was a very loving tribute.

I'm so sorry little Misty didn't win her fight. That was a lovely tribute. Sweet dreams Misty.

Hi and again i'm so sorry i replied in your illness thread..... :(

RIP Misty you're going to be so sadly missed by your mummy but NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ......... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back