• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mites

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisha

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi so i think one of my pigs has got mites i have recently got 2 more of someone who couldnt look after them anymore and one of them has got all the signs of mites ive looked on here and people have said to use xeno 450 so do you think its worth ordering some cause i dont really want a vet trip as my friends pigs had mites but it took them a while to dignose her and the vets for 4 pigs is a bit pricey also if only 1 that i know of has mites will i have to treat the other 3 thank you :nod:

You can get xeno off of Amazon, just check that you get the right strength. I've got the 450 for my big ones then 50 for the little ones. I cant remember what weight, are for whom. Should say on the advert.

As long as the xeno is the right strength for the piggies it will be fine to use. You will need to treat all piggies and they will need to be treated 2-3 times one week apart to ensure that any eggs that hatch after the first treatment are killed off also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back