• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mites?

Lisa71

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Just noticed a very small pale brown ‘thing’ crawl into my guinea pigs fur near the eye. She has no bald patches and itches occasionally, does this sound like mites? I’ve seen Beaphar Anti-Parasite Spot On for Rabbits & Guinea Pigs on Amazon which is basically Invermectin in pipettes for guinea pigs over 300g is this ok for treating them?

Just noticed a very small pale brown ‘thing’ crawl into my guinea pigs fur near the eye. She has no bald patches and itches occasionally, does this sound like mites? I’ve seen Beaphar Anti-Parasite Spot On for Rabbits & Guinea Pigs on Amazon which is basically Invermectin in pipettes for guinea pigs over 300g is this ok for treating them?

If you suspect your piggy has parasites then please see a vet for diagnosis and the correct vet strength treatment.
The ‘medication’ such as the one you mention are not vet grade strength so will not effectively deal with any problem. They can also lead to resistance and make it much harder to deal with parasites in the future

Last edited:

Hi! Please see a vet for a diagnosis and opt for a vet strength ivermectin product. some corners are not worth cutting!

New piggy problems: URI - ringworm - skin parasites

Back