• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Molly Died she was only a youngie why??

• Thread starter sarahluvzherpigz
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarahluvzherpigz

Hiya all

my first piggy, died last thrusday :( :::::: i feel poo now, i dont no what to do i feel like a bad mum as if i can look after them

what went wrong, he was fine bouncing around its cage, eating drinking etc,
a couple of hours later i came bck shopping and there he was, lying on its side, still breating, but its body couldnt support himself couldnt walk, of anything, totaly floppy, but tried kicking its legs, i thought it could have been the heat, i left windows open, it was in the shade, etc so i dampened her down in some cool water,, soz if i say her or him, i only found out recently that its a he, and didnt get used to it,

it didnt work, i could see its breathing going, i no it wasnt going to make it to the vet i new it,

it looked as if it had been sick, and down below been to the toilet but couldnt u no, finish,

i no he was going so all i felt i could do is lay him down make him comfortable, try get him to eat drink, but he was going, about half a hour later his breakthing was practically gone, it was more a gasp every 10 seconds which got slower and slower,

and eventually that was it, u no if anyone else has had it happen to them,
:( i wanted to get a new piggie this month but i dont know ?

aww, you poor love! Massive hugs to you darling!

Perhaps he was an inbred pig? (brother and sister offspring) As when inbred pigs are young they can have more 'difficulties' than others.
I'm afraid I don't have the answers for you as to why he died so young. He was well loved and you did everything you could for him.

As to getting another piggy - you'll know in yourself when it's the right time to get another. Give yourself time to grieve.

xx Kelly xx

I am so sorry for your loss.
It is nice that you were with your piggie at the end, a comfort to her I am sure.
as Kelly said give yourself time to get over molly you will know when it is time for another one

take care of yourself we are always here if you need us

karen

ahh I am sorry to hear about your loss seems to have been a day for it, but a little bit of knowledge guinea pigs cannot vomit, so what ever it was it was'nt vomit, I go along with the inbreeding theory but heat stroke is another real option mine have fans on them all day, and another thought maybe it was a stroke and he ended up paralysed which would account for his loss of bowel control, but to be honest it could have been anything, most probably an inherited condition, and almost nothing you could have done would have avoided it,
leave getting another pig for a while until you have got over the sudden shock of losing molly, God bless molly and chin up sweetheart it gets easier, not much but it eventually does

Sorry to hear about your loss
i know what your going through as i lost 1 of my piggies last week
you always think is there anything you could have done to avoid it
if only they could talk and tell you when they feel pooly
i still sit and think about it and have a little cry
its no good blaming yourself but it is hard not to.
Hang on in there time is a grat healer as they say
best wishes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back